Chinese-Forums

Looking for specific Cantonese resources

missbrokensmile

I'm looking for native Cantonese recordings, with an accompanying transcript/text. I don't mind if the original source was recorded/spoken first, then a transcript was created for it; or whether the original source was a piece of text, and someone recorded an audio version of it.

I've found plenty of spoken/colloquial Cantonese with an accompanying written Chinese transcript - but of course, what is spoken doesn't correspond to the written Chinese (e.g. like in those HK dramas, with the subtitles).

I don't mind if the recordings are: Cantonese pronunciation of written Chinese text (i.e. sounds really weird, and no one speaks like that), or whether the transcript uses "Cantonese characters" because the recording is in spoken Cantonese.

Basically, I'm looking for something to map/correspond (spoken form <-> written form) and also looking for more exposure to the language.

I'm okay with any format: internet, book/CD, etc.

Thanks!

• Like 1