Chinese-Forums

Textbook Recommendation for Business Chinese

Chumpalooza

In your opinion, what's the best business chinese book recommendation out there containing traditional form characters?*

- I have a upper intermediate-low advanced grasp of the language (reading/writing/speaking/listening Cantonese and Mandarin) but would like to hone my learning to business settings.

- Could be a book of just terms like David Chung's (e.g. English term, Chinese term)-

- Budget of perhaps 25USD max, 50USD if it's Really good.

Thanks!

* Can also include simplified, but Must have traditional characters.

This book - 成功之道 has both simplified and traditional characters and sounds like it might be what you are looking for. The fact that it deals with real case studies that foreign and domestic companies have encountered when dealing with the Chinese market (Starbucks, Ikea, Lenovo etc) makes it more interesting than the standard fare.

Quite a few students at my school have used it and rated it highly. I would say its at an intermediate level (depending on your definition of course :D )

http://www.amazon.cn/%E6%88%90%E5%8A%9F%E4%B9%8B%E9%81%93-%E4%B8%AD%E7%BA%A7%E5%95%86%E5%8A%A1%E6%B1%89%E8%AF%AD%E6%A1%88%E4%BE%8B%E6%95%99%E7%A8%8B-%E8%A2%81%E8%8A%B3%E8%BF%9C/dp/B0011AXZYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316756672&sr=8-1