Chinese-Forums

BLCU Accommodation

roddy

Yes I think they are closed i'm not sure loll

But when you arrive, you can try to go to one of the dorms and tell them if you can have a room for the night and that the next day you have your administration process thing. You will have to pay for the night though. So try to have some cash with you.

• Like 1

@Nhung Nguyen 

ay hi pal, i'm a blcu student too here

dorm 1 and 9 are for scholarship students so they are prioritized which means you might need luck to get a room there since you said you are a self-supporting student. tho tbh those dorms are veery shitty. i was placed to that and i could only last 1 week and then i pretty much ran away to a better dorm lmao

i'm currently at dorm 8 and i'm sure you can find a room in my dorm since there are still empty rooms but it's expensive. you need to pay 85 yuan per day to stay here but i think it's worth it. i mean you get to have your own bathroom, your own single room and a free hot water giving machine in the public kitchen man. bless the hot water machine

darren's dorm is next to mine and afaik our dorms are pretty similar and also the same price if i remember right. 

you can also try asking dorm 17 (similar price, double room) or dorm 4 (cheaper, double room) and since you are a self-supporting student you may have a chance with these. i originally wanted to go to either of these but wasn't accepted since i'm a scholarship student.

so my suggestions are dorm 4, 7, 8 or 17.

as for the library question: nope. pretty much everything closes up by 4pm.

• Like 2

@Nhung Nguyen

don't ever check hotels man, they are all ridiculously expensive

you should be able to. you can explain your situation to the personnel here and show your acceptance letter and stuff like that so you can get a room. the next day, you can go to the office and say that you got into a room and would like to register it. you will need to speak chinese at the dorm but the office personnel knows english too.

@daren2503

ay i totally forgot about that but yeah it should cost around that for self-supporting students.

my Chinese is quite basic, so it is better to have someone at the dorm speaking English. 

So in short what I need to do is: arrive the school, directly go to dorm 8, tell the front desk staff my situation (will they work on Sunday?), and then pay 100 yuan in cash. 

That's all! 

@Nhung Nguyen  Yeah Harvee is right about the hotels. Just bring all your documents at one of the dorms and if possible try to have it translated in Chinese. Go to one of the dorms and they will help you to find a room for the night. Where are u from by the way ?

@Nhung Nguyen  Yes they are here everyday but the payment is not done with them. You will get a room then the next day u will have to go to the Accommodation Centre for the payment. It will cost you more than 100 yuan for Dorm 7 or 8 because they are single rooms.