Chinese-Forums

Sun Yat-Sen University

roddy

@Zea

According to my understanding qualifications vary between countries, universities and other institutions.

Applying to BA is easy and pretty much everyone can get in who pays. If you have taken the HSK, you will be places on the right group and year. For example if you have a good grade from HSK5, you might be able to start straight from year 3!

Applying for MA requires recommendation letters from professors and good grades, along with a good HSK. I applied for a scholarship, so didn't check how the applying process goes if you pay your self.

Hi @xuefang

Thanks very much, your posts helps me a lot. Sorry for so many questions, but I am totally lost :/

I would like to go to the University to get more info. Do you know where I need to go?

By the way, do you know if there is any intensive HSK preparation course in the University?

Thanks,

Zea

Go to the International Office which is located near the South gate which is also the main gate near the metro station exit A. They have a website with lots of information here: http://iso.sysu.edu.cn/ywb/index.htm Right now the office is probably very busy as it's registration time, but after this time passes, the teachers will have more time to answer your questions.

They have selective HSK courses, few levels on a same course, but I haven't taken those.

I'm happy to help :)

I have to come with visa L because my admision pakage was lost during shipment, however to get Residence Permit, I need admision notice and JW202 (yellow page).

The school said they sent me the JW202 (white page). Does anyone know  who keep JW202 (the yellow page) ??? I guess the school keep JW202 (the yellow page), hope someone could confirm it. 

Hana, when you arrive in Guangzhou you need to go talk to the people at the Office for International Students’ Affairs, Room 101, School of  Chinese as a Second Language (SCSL) just beside the Zijingyuan Hotel on campus.  They will help you with going through the procedures to get your forms and direct you where to go for the residence permit and medical exam.  Yes they hold their copy of the JW202 form for you, which you receive once registered with the school.

• Like 1

Your visa is just an entry visa to come to China.  The residence permit is the visa that will replace it.  Assuming you aren't lazy, if you start the process at the Students affairs office the day or day after you arrive, and go take your medical exam the same day, (if you are are required to take one) you will have your medical exam results within a few days and can submit everything you need at the PSB (the people who provide the residence permit).  All together about 7 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Good day everyone.

My company offered a job to handle their office in Guangzhou. I accepted without thinking twice.

I study chinese for 2 years but progress has been slow. It may be a great oportunity to go deep into chinese.

Is possible to handle the undergraduate course of chinese at SYSU and work at the same time? Hows the workload of the course? Is it too much to handle? Do they have courses at night time?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

hi, i hope ithis thread still on. i'm planning to study chinese in sysu this sept. anyone know about the latest regulation in the 'International Student Dirmitory' ? my friend said they don't rent single room anymore, only double rooms. i'm applying via agent and they can't guarantee single room too, any chance for me to get a single room?

thanks!

hi  Stella06
I was study there at last semester, I can tell you that teacher SYS is not bad i'm satisfied, but all organisation process is very low and employers is not competent , nobody don't know nothing in student office telling one thing in dormitory other things. About dormitory there have 4 in all of them you can live alone in room just pay double price, first dormitory calling Foreign dormitory but room there need booked in advance usually is full, second near first almost same building with room same situation, third dormitory i'm forget his number but it's near north small gate (not recommended) that dormitory look like jail building around 7 or 8 floors NO HAVE elevator, very small rooms but have shower and toilet in side and price is cheap. Fourth and last dormitory number 103 before i think in this building was hotel, rooms is big in side room look like hotel first 6 floor only double rooms but at 7 floor is single room i was live there but it's not so cheap i pay about 9800 RMB per semester also need pay for electricity and water bill payment for electricity something crazy system )))you should put money to your student card after go to special machine from you student card you need put money to electricity card but if you will want take back money from electricity card it's not real))) they still owe me 100 RMB, wifi have only at 7 floor other floors they block wifi on cable internet, also there no have kitchen and you can't use your own refrigerator or oven.

When I was there a couple of years ago the new foreign exchange students would always organise shared apartments. I think it cost me about 2'000/m back then all included, obviously more expensive than student dormitories. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There isn't yet official timeframe for when you need to register, but the information will come out late this semester. But looking at my calendar, it states the Spring semester begins around February 19-21. You can bookmark http://iso.sysu.edu.cn/ which is always updated with new registration information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

hello , I want to study engineering at sysu but I don't know about procedure to apply for scholarship and document needed as I am a undergraduate. and what about the scholarship forum of chinese government scholarship.

please do reply , thank you

• 3 months later...
Arthur Reyes-Lao Ong 王 名 友

Hello I just want to inquire about dormitories for foreign students. Is it true I can have my own dormitory if I pay double price ? How is this with full scholarships? I am looking to start this semester around July. I'm from the Philippines. Hope I can get some information regarding this..my email address is ->     arthur1492@gmail.com