Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

Sasha Cesaria Astiadi

Hey all! I'm feeling so grateful i found this forum.

I'm Sasha, and I'm a high school graduate from Indonesia applying for csc undergrad majoring Chinese

I've Completed my application package, yay! only missing the foreign physical report (still waiting for it).

I think I'm sending it out after I receive it in few days.

Please wish me lucks :)

anyway, does any other 2012 applicant wants to review each other's study plan/application?

I really need comments on mine, and I would give out comments / reviews for others too.

just message me :)

sasha

• Like 1

The example application that I posted was sent to the embassy. I also submitted the online application through the website only. It might be different for each country, because some applicants only applied through the website and received a response.

Hey guys!

I am in the process of completing all paperwork needed for the scholarship.

I am still lacking the guarantor information, i understand that is someone currently living at the mainland... Brian is it possible for you to give me a hand?

Another thing i am still not clear on, is it possible or will be frown upon to apply with an agency nr of the univ of 1°choice instead DC agency nr ? What aboout the amount of scholarships handed out is this affected by the agency number given?

Thanks!!!

=)

• New Members

You have to fill out the online application first, then the website automatically fills in the application form template with your information and you print it out and mail it in. The forms listed in the OP are old and not the correct ones being used this year.

As far as i know, the online application just give you a PDF format copy of the same form you've submitted to the embassy in your country, and you have to print and bring it to the office among with the other required documents. I asked the person in charge of scholarships at the embassy and she told me it's a mandatory document, even if it's redundant.

Mulling over the scholarship possibilities for next year since I may be late this year. Is it possible to get the medical check for the scholarship while in China (not Beijing)? If not, I've heard you will need to redo the medical check in China anyways at the approved clinic in Beijing. I had my medical check done at the authorized clinic last July (so 9 months ago). Does anyone know when it will expire or if it does?

Ahh yes, probably. In that case do people think that it would be fine to get all the testing done at any old hospital in China? My understanding is these tests might need to be approved in the Haidian clinic later but that I could get them done anywhere because people are mentioning getting the tests completed with their family practitioners, etc. in their home countries.

hi ,

i got email confirmation of scholarship from buaa(Beijing) university.

is anyone got the confirmation same as me?

Got an answer so soon?. When did you apply?. I ask because in 2010 and 2011 most applicants didn't get any response till july.

Anybody knows a way to get scholarship results a little earlier? (considering that courses starts in september)

PS: Congrats.

I do not know if any other country does this but I got a call last week that the Chinese Embassy would need to conduct an interview with me. I just got through the interview and it was pretty light hearted. We discussed my love life, the culture shock of studying in China, the difference between the capital and financial centre (Beijing is the only thing to be referred to as a capital everything else is a centre!?) and some other things. I think I made a good impression but who knows. Anyway anyone else had to go through an interview?

Hi Robbie,

I too went through an interview, quite bizarre actually. I was told to sit on a chair in front of three guys sited on sofas, two of them were from the embassy, the third one was "a professor from Beijing". While they asked me questions, one of them pulled out a camera and started to take lots of photos of me. I was nervous like hell, and they kept telling me to relax. They were nice though, and they said I speak Chinese very well :)

What country are you from?

I second that question for Robbie and Tamir. The scholarship announcement said that you "Could" be called for an interview, but didn't expect what you are telling.

Also, what kind of studies are you applying for?

Thanks.

• New Members

Hey all,

I was wondering if we are supposed to get a confirmation when the embassy in our country receives our application package? Or do we just get a email of rejection or acceptance?

by the way, this thread is so helpful, keep up the great work!