Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

I am from Colombia

I am applying to Chinese scholarship thought OAS. Who is applying to scholarship with OAS????

First of all, glad to find a south american fellow on this forum. I haven't heard of anyone applying through OAS but I assume that a lot of people from our region are doing it due to the diffusion. although I saw the OAS program ads spreaded in several places, since some guy recommended me so, I applicated directly to the embassy here in Chile.

What kind of scholarship are you applying for?

I applied for a one year Chinese course and a master degree on Zhejiang University, Tsinghua University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University. What about you????

Lol, I'm applying for a master degree in Tsinghua University as well.. also Xiamen University (Good in economics). Anyway, I've red about last year results and in some cases the CSC granted a scholarship, but in another school besides the three choices.

I'll be giving my feedback to this forum as soon as i get some news about it.

Good luck,

I was wondering, what language did people submit their academic study plan in? The application directions say it should be in Chinese and no less than 800 words, but I doubt the beginners that are also applying for this scholarship could do that.

insighter: The scholarship you're talking about is the Confucius Institute Scholarship, which was announced by Hanban. This topic here is for the Chinese Government Scholarship programme, announced by the China Scholarship Council. They're two different scholarships, and only the Confucius Institute Scholarship requires Chinese-written application statement.

Hi all!!!

I applied for a one year Chinese course and a master degree on , Tsinghua University , Zhejiang University and Pekin university. I just found out about this forum and i have been reading a lot and i havent seen any one getting accepted the last year to this 3 universities, is the hardest ones to get in??? or do you know any one that got accepted to this universities??

Well, basically all of these universities are part of the so called C9, which is similar to the Ivy League in the USA.

So yeah, it's like getting to Harvard, Stanford or Yale with a scholarship. Quite hard. If you apply for a Chinese language course, small universities are as good as top-notch ones, but it's way easier to get admitted to them.

But, just to be constructive: I have three friends who spent a year at BeiDa, all of them had very good references here in our country.

• Like 1

Hi all, just a reminder.

Around this time of last year some universities started to upload the lists of pre selected applicants. So as soon as I find one I'll show it (or link it) here. Thanks in advance to the participants of this thread for doing the same.

Best of luck everyone.

So basically i have minimum chances of getting in??? well i really dont know what the standards are butt i got a pretty good gpa on my bachelor degree and i also have working experience in a multinational. I also read that you might be sent to a different university, is it true??? also a read that the MBA in pekin university ask you for a gmat test, but in the papers the csc ask for the scholarship they never ask for this kind of test, does any one know something about this???

thnks,

Hello

I sent with my application a letter of provisional acceptance of International Student by ZJU professor but I dont know what is the content of this letter because the professor wrote it in chinese . I dont speak chinese. Who can help me??

1) What is your native country? Colombia

2) Where did you apply? A goverment third party (ICETEX) and they send it toThe Chinese Embassy in Bogota Colombia.

3) When did you apply? March 05.

4) When was the deadline? Supposedly April 02.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year chinese langauge and 2 years MBA

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University , Zhejiang University and Pekin university.

8)Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No.

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese embassy in colombia.

10) Where did you get your physical done? At local hospital.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? (my goveverment said i didnt have to).

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ??

*the third party goverment agency (icetex) made a preselection of candidates and i got pre elected (dont know how many people they pre elected), then they send all the papers to the chinese embassy in my country and i havent got any news yet. i know the chinese goverment where giving 10 full scholarships and 20 part scholarships to the Colombian goverment.

Hi

TYF

I also am from Colombia and applied to a CSC scholarship through the OAS I applied for a year of language and a Major in civil engineering, universities that I applied were Zhejiang University, Tsinghua University and Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Right now I'm tooanxious for the answer. Congratulations I think you're winning (a) of the scholarship. I would like to keep up with you . If you want we could speak on gmail or skype or facebook. I could not send you a private message with my data.

</p></p>