Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

This may sound like a stupid question, but anyway... As far as I know the CSC scholarship and any other one provided by any Chinese municipality or school are mutually exclusive. But I assume I can still apply to several different scholarships, in order to have more chances for a "back-up plan" should I fail with one of them?

Hello everybody i am new to this forum and was wondering if i could study as a commercial pilot in one of the chinese universities like (Beihang) using the chinese government scholarships?

The online application will let you select a discipline through a drop done selection. This will show all the available majors and the only thing I could see is Aviation Technology, so not sure what specific major you would need.

I assume I can still apply to several different scholarships, in order to have more chances for a "back-up plan" should I fail with one of them?

Yes, but we won't cover them here. Too many of them and their requirements vary greatly.

• Like 1

I just wanted to ask if self-financed students already studying in China can apply for the scholarship there and not through the Chinese embassy in their home country.

Contacting the school directly never hurts, but be prepared to send your application back to your home country.

• Like 1

Hello! I will be focusing 2012 on obtaining all of the materials required to submit a complete application by 2013 here in the USA. (Unless I have some magical powers to get it in by April 2012)

I have a few questions.

I dropped out of high school. Should I obtain a GED or complete my missing credits to obtain the diploma?

I'm diabetic, type I, insulin dependent. Will this hurt my chances of obtaining a visa? Part of my treatment is living an active lifestyle, which studying in China would certainly be considered active.

Edited by Areckx

@Brian

Ok, I was just wondering if a GED was considered inferior to a diploma. Either way, I'm getting one or the other. I think GED will be perfect. The homeless shelter will work with me to obtain it, since I have absolutely no income.

I'm going to be working with the shelter to make sure I get everything together for the CSC application. I am going to take a shot at the HSK2 this march, hopefully I'll be ready for the HSK3, but I'm shooting for HSK2. I think four months should be enough for me to get past the materials needed for HSK1, but if I happen to not be ready for HSK2, I'll still take the HSK1.

I plan on keeping my Chinese teacher from October up to date as I work on my CSC application. Hopefully she will be willing to write a recommendation letter for me. While I was in class, she discouraged me from going overseas but I think if I fill her in on my progress and tell her about my goals, I think she would understand that I'm not just going to jump on a boat and take my chances, this is a planned educational goal.

Also, should I also write an essay in Chinese to go along with my essay in English? (Assuming my Chinese level improves to the point where I can write one...) or is it considered rude?

You never know...

Also, should I also write an essay in Chinese to go along with my essay in English?

Up to you, we don't know details on how to improve your chances of getting the scholarship. I did mine in English.

Hey guys,

I'm applying for a 1/2 year Chinese language program, preferably somewhere in Hunan as this is where I have been living for the past 2 years. So if anybody else is planning to be in Hunan for 2012 let me know it would be cool to hook up!

I also have a question regarding the Foreigner Physical Examination form; Is it possible to send copies of the one I had done in China last August? Or would I need to get a completely new one?

Kind regards

Andy

I also have a question regarding the Foreigner Physical Examination form; Is it possible to send copies of the one I had done in China last August? Or would I need to get a completely new one?

It might be cutting it close, because some say it expires after 6 months. I used one I had from September that I submitted in February, but the US contact wanted me to update my HIV testing. Best to contact the office you are sending your application to.

They don't ask you to write an essay in Chinese. I think you're in as much danger of annoying them with irrelevant bits of paper they haven't asked for as you are of impressing them.

That's what I thought. I'll just follow all of the rules and guidelines and nobody will get hurt!

On the bottom of the form it mentions things to send with it, one is an admission letter, but surely if I am applying for the scholarship how can I have the admission letter before the scholarship?

Also can we send more than one application, for example a full one, and then one for a partial scholarship, so that I hedge my bets, or would this most likely lead to denial on both counts.

On the bottom of the form it mentions things to send with it, one is an admission letter, but surely if I am applying for the scholarship how can I have the admission letter before the scholarship?

You don't need to include one.

Also can we send more than one application, for example a full one, and then one for a partial scholarship, so that I hedge my bets, or would this most likely lead to denial on both counts.

It will just cause problems, so send one application asking for a full scholarship.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION - SAY HELLO

Hello.

It's a huge collaborative effort, and I'm glad we're in this together. Good luck, boys and girls. See you in China!

Hiya, Where are you applying from? Colombia

Just studying Chinese or pursuing a degree? pursing a Bachelor`s Degree

What did your local Chinese embassy say? I've just been there.... they didn't know anything!-----they didn't even open the gates ... on the intercom I was told to call to a landline .... they never picked up! I tried however to explained but over here the guards believe wrongly they own the buildings...lol.... so I gave up, got so annoyed .... luckily I found Brian post!! If any other Colombian the agency number is 1701 as previously posted!

Where and how did you get your papers notarized? I've not done it yet but It's easily done for less than $10 in any of the 100 "Notarias" in Bogota!

Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I haven't but I reckon I will do so to increase the options of being accepted on my first choice.

Sun Yat-sen University in Guangzhou.

Where did you get your Physical Exam done? It's done easily in any hospital / medical service you just need to book an appointment, of course ,you must show up and they will do it.

Anything else you learned or would like to share? Well I'd say that this is madness and that we're all nuts ---- I hope we're the merry nuts though and that We all get to see each other in China---- and now seriously I wrote to a CSC coordinator to find out the deadline for my region.... I did get a reply although He said you might want to wait the period between JAN - APR but, He didn't mention anything about filling up forms, contacting the desire university or anything at all. I must presume that He thought I'm a fortune teller / mind-reader sort of person.

Then I got an email... Dear Diego we're glad you are interested but the scholarships are to be handled by ICETEX

But I know there is no post regarding this scholarship as a matter of fact I maybe the first to ask about it over here....

What do I do if the embassy does not want to cooperate? any help welcome; I'm worry now! :help