Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

hello i am a guy from sudan but i was born in saudi arabia i got 98 out of 100 in my high school but the problem is that its been 3 years since i graduated and i am not sure if my high school certificate is valid in china i would like to ask you about it i hope you help me >?

another question is since i am Sudanese do i have to go to sudan to apply there or i can do it in my birth country which is saudi arabia .?

and the third question as a student applying as a an undergraduate meaning i want to be awarded a bachelor degree . if i won the scholarship can i be enrolled to an english taught program at Harbin engineering university > ?

and do i have to have recommendation letters ?

by the way who are the granters ? and do all applicants need to provide a contact name of a granter ?if not explain

thank you all i hope i get them answers soon

@Brian

I got information that the Chinese embassy in my country requires an admission letter for applying.

It means I have to apply to the university first before applying to embassy.

My question is, regarding the HSK score again, most of the universities in Chine require HSK score afaik.

While you said that I don't have to have a HSK score if I apply for a language course.

I'm really confused, what should I do?

@Memo Themysterious

Let me help you :)

What matters is where your home country is, not your birth country. So I think you can apply from Chinese embassy in Sudan.

The university you will attend is decided by CSC.

You may write down harbin university as your target but no one can tell you whether you will be enrolled there if you got the scholarship.

If you want to pursue a bachelor degree, then YES, you need two recommendation letters.

The guarantor is someone whom you know and live in China, basically.

And YES, you need to provide it, even if the name and address are not true. You can make it up if you want.

What matters is that there is no empty space in your application form.

I think the Tsinghua agency number is 10003, so try that.

I had a question about the foreigner medical form. It asks for a blood test that tests for "AIDS, syphilis, etc." What exactly is the "et cetera?" What tests should I ask my doctor to order?

The AIDS is the big one, so just get that and syphilis test. If it's not too much more trouble you could throw some more in. Odds are you will have to retake it once you are in China, so it's more important that you send some documents.

hello i am a guy from sudan but i was born in saudi arabia i got 98 out of 100 in my high school but the problem is that its been 3 years since i graduated and i am not sure if my high school certificate is valid in china i would like to ask you about it i hope you help me >?

As long as your high school certificate looks official, it will probably be fine.

another question is since i am Sudanese do i have to go to sudan to apply there or i can do it in my birth country which is saudi arabia .?

I don't know. Where ever you went to school and hold that country's passport? You could try calling the embassies in each country and ask, but you probably won't come up with much information.

and the third question as a student applying as a an undergraduate meaning i want to be awarded a bachelor degree . if i won the scholarship can i be enrolled to an english taught program at Harbin engineering university ?

I don't know about specific schools, but I have heard of some English programs. Try contacting the school.

and do i have to have recommendation letters ?

Yes.

by the way who are the granters ? and do all applicants need to provide a contact name of a granter ?if not explain

thank you all i hope i get them answers soon

I'll send you guarantor information you may use.

@ashiya

Which school are you applying to? If they have a language program then you shouldn't need a HSK. You could probably apply to their language program to get an acceptance letter.

@Brian

I'm applying for the Language Scholarship. In your opinion would it be better to include glowing recommendations from a past employer and current professor, both non-Chinese related (i.e. about work ethic and accomplishments - which will include work/research that was China-focused) or alternatively just include no letters? Alternatively I could try to include a English letter and a Chinese letter from a part time tutor from the past, but I think it will be relatively weak as we've lost touch. I'm leaning towards the former (2 strong English letters) but thought I'd bounce the idea out there, as I don't know how a non-language related letter might be taken.

Hello, brian, I need you help in obtaining a guarantor, I read this timeline and saw that you help others get guarantor information. I am applying for my masters degree in computer science in Harbin Institute of technology and I need you help to obtain a guarantor since it is a vital factor when applying. Please send me a guarantor information. thanks

@icebear

I'm not sure, because I doubt they even read the recommendation letters. Yet, the ones from your past employer and professor sound more official.

I want ask : is there influences of approval of china scholarship if my bachelor degree background different with master degree (no linier) ? I'm bachelor degree of accounting but will apply master of tourism..

We are never sure on improving chances, but a Korean classmate that studied computing for her masters was accepted to do a PHD in Finanace. You could give it a shot.

@pasqual

I'll message you the information.

• New Members

Just wondering if anyone already working in China when applying has used their 健康检查证明书 (Certificate of Health Examination), instead of getting another physical form filled out. I just got my physical and bloodwork done a few months ago when I came to China then gave them in for my Z visa and this document which is stamped by the Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau and valid until September 2012. I really would like to not have to pay 700 kuai or whatever to get yet another pointless physical and bloodwork done. The lady I spoke with on the phone at the consulate did not seem to know what I was talking about.

Hai,

anybody know the code for chinese embassy in Indonesia ??

Brian, i wanna ask. In the application form there's 3 choice universities that we will apply. When apply, 1 application form for 1 university, or 1 application form for 3 university that we choice.

Thanks.

@Brian, About the notarization of academic transcripts(notarized photocopy), I want to know if we are to get the original copies notarized before we make photocopies, or are we to photocopy the originals and then get the photocopies notarized. please help its confusing,

@pasqual, The original copies shouldn't require notarization. Just get notarized photocopies of the original transcripts.

@Delly, The application is for the scholarship, not the university. They want two copies of the application, and to be safe I'd send in two copies of everytihng. For the study plan, I wrote about 500 words.

@Kenner : thanks. I have question again. If we fill the online application, there is no box to choose what the scholarship what we want. But in hard copy there is in.

If in online application there is nothing to choose, how come CSC know what we want ?? Thanks...

• New Members

Hello,everybody!

Please,help me,to clear up one question!!!

Can i apply for chinese government scholarship and cooperation program scholarship at the same time??

i'm going to send my documents directly to the universities, so i'm a lil bit confused about what to do...

:help