Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

• New Members

Hello everyone.

Thanks Brain for being so informative. I am a scholarship student doing my masters degree in central south university. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reapply for scholarship in other university since it is impossible to get transfer to other university?

• New Members

Thank you all so much for this helpful information.

I'm Olivia, and I'm applying for the language scholarship.

I have a question about the foreigner physical examination. I went into a clinic yesterday and the doctor and I sat there laughing as he checked "no" for "the plague" and "leprosy." He said I did not qualify for these blood tests for AIDS, etc.

How did you scholarship recipients (or applicants) go about this form? Did you have actual bloodwork done and sent those forms in? Or is it just important that I have a doctor's signature on a piece of paper?

Once you have sent the documents to the CSC will they send you a confirmation of them having receipt your envelop?

Have they publish any official dead lines for the CSC scholarships?

I'm still having issues to get the docs to the CSC according to the embassy of P.R. of China, all the scholarships are to be handle by an institution called ICETEX yet this institutions denies knowledge of such type of scholarships an so far they haven't published any announcement in that regard.

I've tried to contact the cultural aggregate of the Chinese embassy with no positive outcome. Any ideas at all? Thxs

How did you scholarship recipients (or applicants) go about this form? Did you have actual bloodwork done and sent those forms in? Or is it just important that I have a doctor's signature on a piece of paper?

I think you just need the print off from CSC with the doctor's comments (e.g. "negative" to those tests, or "ok" elsewhere, etc) and signature/stamp. When I had it done in the past (not for CSC but same form) the doctor just laughed and signed it without any tests. This time (different city) they are requiring the blood tests, I think to squeeze the fee out of me.

@mrjerry

You will need to apply again, also see the first post about transfering schools.

As long as it looks official and has a doctor's signature, it should be fine. It's likely you will need to have another physical on arrival.

Once you have sent the documents to the CSC will they send you a confirmation of them having receipt your envelop?

Probably not, but you could also do a follow up to confirm.

Have they publish any official dead lines for the CSC scholarships?

No, they don't really update their website.

@goal

I'll send you guarantor information.

• New Members

@brain. thanks for your reply. I have been through the post about transferring school and it appears to be quite impossible. I am planning to reapply but the only thing I am worried about is, what if I get the scholarship in the same university again or my professor incharge will discover about this? It can really create some misunderstanding

• New Members

Applications from Switzerland

hi I am having trouble get in touch with someone from Switzerland who can help with my CSC application. In terms of who to apply to, deadlines, etc. I have to spoke to a few people but i always hit a dead end.

If there is some one out there from Switzerland currently applying, or someone who has successfully applied in the past it would be great to hear any advice or input you have.

Massive Thks

Jas

The Foreigner Physical Examination Form

You can get it filled out by your family doctor, internist, or a doctor from a clinic. It usually takes no more than 20 minutes. You don't need a "seal," as stated - the signature of the doctor and a stamp with the doctor's name and address and contact information of the hospital/clinic is fine. As for the "photo section" - it requires either a signature or stamp on the photo and paper (half on/half off at the same time) so that it can act as a seal to prove that it is your photo and has not been tampered with.

For those of you currently in Beijing needing a physical examination it may be done here.

DO NOT send the ORIGINAL Foreign Physical Examination Form with either the CSC application or your visa application. Send copies. You keep the ORIGINAL with you - treat it like your passport (even though you'll never use it again).

Unfortunately as a privately insured resident in Spain I can't go to a single hospital that will do everything for the medical check, but rather a few clinics that do the specialized tests (ECG, X-Ray, blood work), and then a GP that will sign the actual form stating that everything is ok. A bit of a hassle, but only because of convenience.

A possible problem is that under "Chest X-Ray" the medical form asks that the "report" be included with the application - but there is no report; I just have a X-Ray of my chest and the doctor (GP) wrote a little note in the box on the medical form saying no problem and stamped it. Should I include the X-Ray also? Or a photocopy of it (I don't even know if that works)? It's definitely bigger than A-4...

I think you're better off assuming you complete in the normal amount of time. What if the department you are assigned to insists you take three years, and you end up paying out of pocket for the final year because you assumed you'd be able to work under a different study plan?

SO does anyone have any information on how the "Duration of Study" one has to fill in influence ones actual study time? Lets say I put three years? Would they still let me apply to graduate after two years? That is why I am asking in the first place. I know that most unis have regulations under which you can graduate after 2 years, which is what I would want to do, as I think that spending my third year just writing my thesis is a waste of time.

@Brain, I need help, i went to the chinese embassy in Abuja Nigeria to submit but i was told that they dont know anything about the scholarship, what should i do, should i sent my application direct to CSC or the the university i am applying for, i need help. Please someone should help me out.

This question also applies to all applications and not just the CSC application. How should I fill out section 5 (Proposed Study in China) if I plan to obtain a bachelor's degree in the Chinese language through the language program after 4 years? Right now I'm checking the Chinese Language Student box because I'll only be in a language program. But are there any ways to also be eligible for the bachelor's degree program while planning to only stay in the Chinese language program and not entering it simply as preparation for your major?

However, Sichuan university is the only school I could find that offers it's language students the option of obtaining a bachelor's degree.