Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

if i choose three universities and write the agency no. of the first one. so i applied to the three or the first one only ?

You applied to all 3 if they are listed in those preferences.

I am planning to reapply but the only thing I am worried about is, what if I get the scholarship in the same university again or my professor incharge will discover about this? It can really create some misunderstanding

After you send your application, do a follow up and explain your situation.

A possible problem is that under "Chest X-Ray" the medical form asks that the "report" be included with the application - but there is no report; I just have a X-Ray of my chest and the doctor (GP) wrote a little note in the box on the medical form saying no problem and stamped it. Should I include the X-Ray also? Or a photocopy of it (I don't even know if that works)? It's definitely bigger than A-4...

I think it's just a technicality, so if it's possible just fold it up and send it or not sure how a photocopy would look?

SO does anyone have any information on how the "Duration of Study" one has to fill in influence ones actual study time? Lets say I put three years? Would they still let me apply to graduate after two years? That is why I am asking in the first place. I know that most unis have regulations under which you can graduate after 2 years, which is what I would want to do, as I think that spending my third year just writing my thesis is a waste of time.

Just put down the times you think you will be studying, because it's completely up in the air. I applied for 2 years of language and a 3 year master's program. They gave me 1 year language and a 2 year master's program, so obviously my duration of study didn't match my application.

I need help, i went to the chinese embassy in Abuja Nigeria to submit but i was told that they dont know anything about the scholarship, what should i do, should i sent my application direct to CSC or the the university i am applying for, i need help. Please someone should help me out.

Start contacting schools directly.

if i want to apply master for example my major is accounting..if i dont have HSK certificate, may i apply ? because i want to learn chinese language first for 1 year before i take my major....

You don't need your HSK score.

For those having problems using the website, send your application in any way and try to follow up.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why I can not access the following sites that are in the heading?

Anyone can?

The Basics

Information and Eligibility: http://en.csc.edu.cn...f3da38f99.shtml (READ THIS)

Application Forms: http://en.csc.edu.cn...lt.aspx?cid=277

Online Application (not really): http://laihua.csc.edu.cn

Not sure if the online application works, but fill it out anyway (search 2010 thread for comments)

List of Universities: http://en.csc.edu.cn...hua/Search.aspx

They say (heading of the topic) that this scholarship is closed for EU. Obviously this is the cause for sites.

But Russia is not in EU. Can I still apply?

I'm studing now in Kunming, YunDaXue. In our dorms there is Notification about this scholarship. It stresses that Lao, Thailand, Cambodia people have preference in obtaining it and they can apply right here in the University, and it is not necessary for them to send docs to Embassies. In this paper the same internet address is stated laihua.csc.edu.cn. Cannot understand this situation.

This is frustrating, i have completed my application but the Chinese embassy in Nigeria keeps making me regret my decision to apply, i mean what the point of going to all the rigorous application procedure if at last i wont be able to apply. Beihang says they accept applications of only Masters and PhD student, what am i supposed to do? Brain I need another alternative, can i submit my application to the Nigerian embassy in Beijing?

Some questions popped out for me when filling out the form. Can some one answer them, please? I'd like to apply for Language course.

1) I'm studying by 1 year Confucius Institute scholarship in Yunnan DaXue now. Would I reduce my chances to get CGS if I state details of my current study? Is it better not to mention it?

2) Can anyone share the link, where I can read that Language students are not necessary to provide recommendation letters.

3) Does anyone know where in Kunming I can fill out the ·FOREIGNER PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM?

4) Is it right that as well as I apply for 3 Universities I have to prepare and send 3 batches of all documents that are in list.

And how is it for application? How many applications in each batch? Since they ask for two?

OR

One batch with all doc's in two copies?

Would appreciate your patience in answering me. Thanks!

can i submit my application to the Nigerian embassy in Beijing?

Probably not, try contacting schools directly.

Please somebody tell me if the students who applying for masters degree also need to submit research proposal or study plan?

Yes.

1) I'm studying by 1 year Confucius Institute scholarship in Yunnan DaXue now. Would I reduce my chances to get CGS if I state details of my current study? Is it better not to mention it?

Might as well put it down. They may question what you are doing now if you don't list any employment or education.

4) Is it right that as well as I apply for 3 Universities I have to prepare and send 3 batches of all documents that are in list.

No, just send one application with the 3 schools listed by preference.

One batch with all doc's in two copies?

Yes.

Brian, I contacted beihang and harbin which are my first and second choice and I was told(by a Mr. Gu to apply through diplomatic channels/Embassy (especially Beihang which was my first choice), but I was saw somewhere that I could apply through my home countries embassy in china since the chinese embassy in Nigeria literally said they knew nothing of the scholarship.

Hello All ,

i am from Pakistan , i want to apply for MS in China .... any one can help me ...

i have prepared All the documents for the China Government scholarship .

but still i am confuse that where should i send document to

1 . China Scholarship Council Head Office in China

2 . China-Embassy at Pakistan

3 . Pakistan Embassy at China .....

because in China Government Scholarship's official CSC website

have written this " Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned. "

• Like 1