Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

What exactly are the responsibilities of a guarantor? I asked my friend to be one, but she simply asked what being one would entail. I told her everything I know from here (in that people have made it up, they won't be contacted), but she was still unsatisfied with my response. Any more information about the role?

Hello everybody, Im from mexico and i will apply for the chinese language program this year. wish me luck :)

I´ve got most papers and im about to turn them to the Secretary of International affairs here in my city.

So far i was not able to get the agency number for mexico but as soon as get the information i will post it here.

Just a quick question, as for the guarantor, how about if i dont know anybody in China?

Hello,

I have all of my materials ready and plan to submit the application package in the coming week or two directly to PKU. And yes, the code for PKU is '10001'. I have already received admission and matriculate there in September 2012.

As for the Study Plan, I drafted a 400-word plan because I remember seeing that word limit in a post from last year. Is there an actual word limit, as I saw that some word plan examples contained 500 words?

As for the Foreign Health Exam Form, I believe I read an earlier post from last year that stated that this health exam form should be completed within a 6-month period of entering China for long-term study or work. As such, if I plan to enter China in mid-August 2012, it seems that I have to wait until mid- to late-August 2012 to have the health check-up performed and the form completed. Is this true? I have enquired with the school about this matter but have not received a response. Any comments would be appreciated.

Also, does receipt of a Beijing Municipal Scholarship impact an applicant's chances of receiving the CSC scholarship, either positively or negatively?

By the way, this scholarship is probably the most confusing and unclear program that I have ever pursued.

Thanks in advance,

A transcript is a record of the classes you took and the grades you got. A diploma is a certificate acknowledging the graduation from a school. Even if you didn't graduate from a school, you still have a transcript from there. So in your case, you would ask for a transcript from your high school and also for a notarized copy (an official copy) of your diploma that was given to you upon graduation from high school.

• New Members

Hello everyone and thank you very much for all the information shared here. I find it extremely helpful.

Does anyone know the agency code for an application from Sweden?

I have been in contact with the Chinese embassy in Sweden, but they are telling me that the person in charge of education is on vacation until the end of march. I have tried to ask around at related institutions such as the Confucius Institute, but no one seems to know or want to help regarding the CSC scholarship. What do I do? Where do I send the application to? I guess best would be to send it to both the schools in China as well as to the Chinese embassy in Stockholm. Anyone any experience with Sweden?

hello!

how long is 1 academic year?

I want to study in china for 2 years. Since it is stated here http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/47f2aff19b29440d972e56ac08ad4d38.shtml scholarship may last up to 2 years (academic).

So in application I should state 2012.09.01 to 2014.06.22, right?

As I understand academic year is 9 moth lenghth - Sept - June.

Another question, I'm not sure where I have to send the doc's package. Here http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/47f2aff19b29440d972e56ac08ad4d38.shtml it is written that

//... documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th, 2012, via either the Chinese diplomatic mission in the applicant’s home country or the embassy of the applicant’s home country in China. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned.//

As soon as I'm applying from China, can I bring to the embassy of Russia in China? (I'm in Kunming, Yunnan) Or it's better to send all doc's to Russia?

What exactly are the responsibilities of a guarantor?

Nothing, they won't be contacted. It's up to speculation on why we need to even provide it.

Just a quick question, as for the guarantor, how about if i dont know anybody in China?

I'll send you info you may use.

Transcripts of the Most Advanced Studies and Diploma of the Most Advanced Studies. I'm applying for undergraduate and have the high school certificate only.

Use high school certificate.

As such, if I plan to enter China in mid-August 2012, it seems that I have to wait until mid- to late-August 2012 to have the health check-up performed and the form completed. Is this true? I have enquired with the school about this matter but have not received a response. Any comments would be appreciated.

The 6 months is only for when you apply. So if you send your application in Feburary, make sure your physical was done in September or so.

By the way, this scholarship is probably the most confusing and unclear program that I have ever pursued.

I agree.

how can i get Admission Letter or Admission Notice of Chinese Universities ?

Apply directly to a Chinese university. We don't cover that in this topic.

As I understand academic year is 9 moth lenghth - Sept - June.

Correct, so just put down a rough time frame.

As soon as I'm applying from China, can I bring to the embassy of Russia in China? (I'm in Kunming, Yunnan) Or it's better to send all doc's to Russia?

You would normally have to send it to Russia, but then again I am not familiar with the Russian process. Try to contact them before sending.

is it really necessary to have a guarrantor?

No idea, but I'll send you information you may use.

Guest Angelina  Sharavara

Hi!

I faced some difficulties while filling in the on-line form at the laihua page and want to ask for your help.

There is a section when I have to fill in info about my educational background. There are no difficulties with the name of my University, but I have problems with the "Years Attended" line, where I have to write exact dates. The first date is the 1st of September, 2009, when I began to study, but what about the second date? Is it an approximate date of my finishing the university? Or a current date?

Thanks in advance