Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 General Discussion

Brian US

Hello!

As it appeared, for Russia we have special conditions for applying to CGS. China Embassy in Russia, Moscow, cannot consider my documents sent to them (I talked to a man in charge from education department) directly, but can consider them only in one case, when they are sent by Ministry of Education of Russia. On this story does not end. Ministry of Education cannot consider your documents unless you are current student in one of Russian universities, which I've been not for 6 years now. So th only possibility for me to apply is to send documents directly to the Chinese universities.

Hence my question: if I state for agency number the number of University of first choice, then, is it OK to send same application to other Universities. Will it work? Because my second University of choice also asked to put their number and send this document to them. How can I resolve this?

Or should I register new account in order to put other number for applying also to the University of 2nd choice? Confused.

Can anyone clear this for me please?

The first date is the 1st of September, 2009, when I began to study, but what about the second date? Is it an approximate date of my finishing the university? Or a current date?

You could fill in "to present" or put the expected graduation date.

@Cheshire Puss

Because you will need to apply to schools directly, you can try online but sending it to the school will be an entirely different process. We only cover discussion of applying to the CSC directly through the Chinese embassy, because individual applications vary too greatly.

Reminder that this topic is for General CSC discussion and any discussion about a specific country's process should be posted in their respected sub topic.

• New Members

Hello^^ I am a bit confused about this medical thing I need to send, I found this on this forum

Applicants are to take the Physithal Examination (by August 10) only after getting the CSC scholarship and receiving their school's admission notice and the visa application in the mail

but then again on their website it says send all the listed above before 30th March so

so should I send it as soon as I submit my application, or only after getting my scholarship? Currently I am working in China, teaching English but with F visa, so should I mention that in my application, since it's not quite legal or just say that I am doing some business here in China? For Chinese language training I need to submit recommendation letter, 1 or 2? Many thanks :)

Hello, Brian...

I would like to ask you a question: Does exist an opportunity to get Chinese Government Scholarship at the second time?Because I had already studied Master in China by Chinese Government Scholarship Program. I dont need Phd degree. Just I 'm interested to study Master again,but of the other major (because this needs my career). Are there some opportunities to get Master degree through Chinese Government Scholarship program at the second time ?

Please, if you know or maybe hear something about this, reply to me.

With great looking forward to your reply

Thanks a lot.

Hi i'm from the Philippines. I'm planning to apply for this year 2012. I read from the posts that letters of recommendation aren't a requirement for those applying as Chinese language students. However there are some who weren't accepted because there documents were incomplete. Can someone tell me if they know of someone passing as language students without submitting a letter of recommendation? Thank you!

Hrh Callherwarlay Gtenzify

... Im an intending applicant frm Nigeria(undergraduate studies) n im faced with diff difficulties. Firstly, what is Nigeria agency no? 2. Where will i submit the application form. 3. Can i send my application to the nigeria embassy in China 4. Assumin im applying diresctly to d schools, can i send d applications to more than one school? 5.Mr brian pls help me with name of schools and there agency number especially schools that admit undergraduate student.... Tnx n God bless

• New Members

hiiii.....brian

thanks for all your information...

i have a question for the housing , if we choose partial scholarship, is that means we can live-off campus?

and, for the accomodation, is the flight ticket also include in it?or we should buy the ticket itself?

thanks for your help....

Hi, I´ve been trying to find aswer to this question for quite some time, however I got different aswers from different people. Does anyone have experience with applying to more universities in CSC Special Postgraduate program? I´m wondering - If I send my scholarship applications to more universities and I win more scholarships - can I decide which one I´ll choose or CSC will make the decision? For example - If I´m applying to Chinese economics program at Fudan and MBA at Xian Jiao Tong - if I get scholarship at both universities, will I be able to decide which one I´ll choose?

is the passport number in the application absolutely important, cause i applied for the passport but didnt get it earlier so i applied for witout filling the passport number

You might run into problems, because they won't be able to put a number to your visa application. You should try to get a passport number to them as soon as possible.

@acidsun

You need to send a medical examination with your application. Not sure about improving or decreasing your chances by putting down the teaching. Pretty sure you don't need recommendation letters for language training, but you could double check on their website.

I would like to ask you a question: Does exist an opportunity to get Chinese Government Scholarship at the second time?Because I had already studied Master in China by Chinese Government Scholarship Program. I dont need Phd degree. Just I 'm interested to study Master again,but of the other major (because this needs my career). Are there some opportunities to get Master degree through Chinese Government Scholarship program at the second time ?

Yes.

I'm curious about the guarantor. Does that mean that you need to know someone living in china to guarantee you? Can I just put in anyone I know? cause my mom has a Chinese friend but she lives here in the Philippines.

Got ya covered.

@hrh callherwarlay gtenzify

Contact the Chinese embassy in Nigeria:

http://ng.china-embassy.org/eng/

i have a question for the housing , if we choose partial scholarship, is that means we can live-off campus?

and, for the accomodation, is the flight ticket also include in it?or we should buy the ticket itself?

You are never required to live in the dorms on campus, but no matter full or partial scholarship, off campus living will not be covered. The flight ticket is not included, but I have heard of some developing countries getting extra subsidies.

Hrh Callherwarlay Gtenzify

tnx @brian, i contacted the Nigeria embassy n i was told dey dont ve any idea of the chinese govt scholarship. So pls is dere any alternative 4 me as an intending undergraduate student? Pls reply fast...hope to read frm u soon.

Then you are going to need to contact schools individually. We don't cover these other scholarships because they vary too much in their requirements. If you have further questions on schools, then feel free to create your own topic or search the forums for information already provided.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

I applied directly to Nankai University for the CSC Scholarship for a Masters in Commercial Law, with a one year training beforehand in Chinese, as I don't believe it's good enough to embark on a MA yet!

Yesterday Nankai called me and informed me that I had passed through to the 'second round' and that they would want me to come to the university for a 复试.

I live in Hangzhou, but at the moment just so happen to be in Tianjin and am returning to HZ after Qing Ming, something I mentioned to them, at which they then said that they would give me a call in the next couple days and arrange for me to come in before I went back.

Now I am really nervous as I am unsure what to expect! Is this just an interview or a test as well? Will it be in Chinese, although I applied for remedial courses? The interview should take place in late May, so I am not prepared at all, and if anyone has any experience or knowledge about this process then it would be greatly appreciated if you could share it with me. Thank you!!

CSC students are generally given an interview after your Chinese studies to admit you into the school's main degree program. This will differ with each school and I'm sure goes over your background and study plan. My classmate had a 5 minute interview to test his Chinese for a PHD program, which wasn't very intense from a random Chinese language teacher.

As this thread is for those that apply to the CSC directly, please direct specific questions on schools to their appropriate topic. Nankai University information may be posted here:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/35750-nankai-university/

Hello all,

I need some help, I'm a little confused about the application form that I need to submit to the embassy in person.

Do you I need to submit the on-line apllication form which I filled and downloaded? that's what I understand, and this are also the instructions I recieved from my embassy (in Israel).

However, there is also on the CSC site another application form, which is quite simillar to the on-line one, yet a bit different. I'm talking about this one: http://en.csc.edu.cn/uploads/来华/中国政府奖申请表.pdf

At the first page of this discussion, this filled form was used as an example...so which one is it? both?

Thank you!

Tamir.