Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2012 Other Applicants

Brian US

• New Members

Ehtisham Ali From Pakistan

I want to know the whole procedure for a pakistani student how to get the scholarship and admission in china what are requirements and what will be the right channel through which i apply...?

though this scholarship is not yet announced by HEC in pakistan?

@Rondelle Keller

Did you call the embassy in Trinidad? You might need to talk to a few people, especially the ministry of public administration. If they don't remember it from last year, then someone should.

@bloondee

No problems with you actually sending in the materials, but he will still need to get a physical done and sign off on some documents.

@apetshin

I suggest you ask for 2 years of study.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiii..guys!!

Finally, After browsing internet i'm see this forum. Helpfully..i'm from indonesia and also prepare for applying CSC.but after read all post. I have questions.maybe anyone can help.

1. my interest in CSC is master of tourism and to plan take preparatory chinese 2 year. Based your experience. Anyone get 2year preparatory?possible? I just ever knew grantee approval for average 1year preparatory.

2. what's number agency for embassy of indonesia? I contacted embassy china in indonesia but not yet respond..

Hi. It says here on the CSC applicaiton form - each set of materials not to exceed 20 pages and to use A4 paper. Does the A4 rule apply to the attachments as well - i.e. photocopies of transcript, achievements etc? The certificates I have from the university and other papers are all on 8x12 inch paper, which is the standard here in our country. Would it be alright to send in the application form, study plan, physical examination form in A4 paper and the rest on the paper size it came in? 8x12 is slightly shorther than A4,

Many thanks ! =)

- Philippines

1. my interest in CSC is master of tourism and to plan take preparatory chinese 2 year. Based your experience. Anyone get 2year preparatory?possible?

If you have no Chinese experience, then they will probably give you 2 year preparatory.

Hi. It says here on the CSC applicaiton form - each set of materials not to exceed 20 pages and to use A4 paper. Does the A4 rule apply to the attachments as well - i.e. photocopies of transcript, achievements etc?

No. My transcripts were not on standard paper.

Hai Aya hai mellisa ?? I am delly from Indonesia too, I am from Bogor. Maybe we can sharing about this scholarship ? i have a trouble to contact China Embassy in Indonesia.

When i apply to china embassy, when it will started ? Thanks...i really want to study chinese language in China. I prefer in Guangzhou or Shanghai. thanks..

Haii,Delly

I'm also Indonesian. in this year will apply CSC. based in CSC website, the deadline 30 april 2012 but info from brian for Indonesia end of march 2012. Yes, I agree with you delly. I'm emailed the embassy but failed. I think the Embassy email not valid. you contact by phone? :help

• New Members

Hello, I'm from Mexico. I'm currently living in Mexico and I plan to apply for the CSC scholarship for a 1 year language course, with Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) as my first choice. I'm having trouble filling out the online application at csc.edu.cn, as I don't know the Agency No. for the Embassy of PR China at Mexico. I tried to contact the embassy by email and phone without any luck. I was considering putting the Agency No. for BLCU, however I'm worried that this may affect my application and chance to receive the scholarship in a negative way (from what I've searched on this website, Mexico's applicants haven't been lucky on getting the scholarship ?). Any help from past applicants would be really appreciated.

I would keep everyone informed on my application process.

• New Members

Hi Brian.

Thank you for your devoted help. I am a Burindian National but due to political reasons, I m not currently living in my home country. My question is I want to apply for chinese language scholarship (I hold my bachelor degree in Sociology). How do I go about it? Do I apply from the chinese embassy of my host country or the chinese embassy of my native country? I have my passport which expires in August 2013. Since I can't go back to my country for security reasons, is my passport valid enough for a two years study in China?

I need help.

@mrcoga

Just use the agency number for BLCU.

@Minze

Have you tried contacting the Chiense embassy in your host country? Let them know your nationality and your situtation. If this doesn't work, then try contacting schools directly in China.

• New Members

@ Delly and Joholic,

i have the same problem with you. i've collect all the documents that needed to send, but i couldn't contact the embassy in Indonesia. i've ever called the embassy in jakarta last December, but they still didn't know about this scholarship. maybe i will call them again the day after tomorrow. if u know how to contact the embassy please let me know.

@Delly

I think we can't choose the partial or full scholarship, the csc will choose it for you. Maybe they will look at your study plan, etc.

hello everyone........i am a nigerian and i realy want to get the csc scholarship. but the problem is that i dont know a single word in chinese and i want to study either accounting or economics at bejing. i have all the necessary documents needed but i dont know how to get a guarantor in china. although my dad once did a course under the Chinese government scholarship, i dont know if i should put that in my study plan..... more so, am i going to print the foreigners examination form and application form online? the chinese embassy in my country is miles away from where i live. i tried emailing the consular general but i got no reply. i dont want to travel all the way to the embassy without having all i need at hand.............pls help

So, i went to the Moscow PRC Embassy, and that's what i find out: I was really surprised they we all like "Sorry, but we have no idea how to help you", it looked like i'm the first man applying for scholarship for them. However, after spending all day there they said that first of all applicants must be sorted in local Ministry of Education, only then the applications get to the Chinese. The main thing is found out is that PRC has agreement with some (i don't know which they are tho) countries, about how many students the Chinese MUST in any case accept each year. For Russia it's 100, that means that these 100 applicants (along with other applicants from another countries, who go under this agreement) will have the priority to get the government scholarship. So, after the check at the embassy, the applications go to the PRC Ministry of education, then to the preferable (written in the form) universities, and the university is who has the final word - to accept or to refuse. If it's a refusal, the form goes to the second chosen uni, then to the third. If all three of them refuse, there is the list of unis, who have somewhat an agreement with the Ministry, it says like they have to accept the student anyway. And only after all those guys are accepted, it comes to the common applicants. And the other thing - major unis, like Beida, Fudan and such have their own agreements directly with foreign universities, so it's almost impossible to get their just through the application, so don't waste the item adding them to the form, chances are very low.

• Like 1