Chinese-Forums

Huazhong University of Science and Technology

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with Huazhong University of Science and Technology goes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I am about to go here in a few weeks to do a masters degree in business and I want to know about the dorms for international students, pics would be great but a general description would help too. Also is there anything I should be aware of before I go. Thanks.

Regards,

Hi mate,

I am doing an MBA here in Huazhong University of Science and Technology(HUST). There are 3 dorms(Huahong,Friendship,Bojingge) available for us from what i know. And i have seen 2 of them.

First one is Huahong Apartments which i live in. It is a beautiful place. It is specially for master and Phd students and also suits people with families because then you get to have a 1st floor room which is nicer(1st floor entrances are in front and 2nd-3rd floor entrance is from the back). 2mb Internet costs 70 kuai a month but it has a downside of not being connected to the school network,so you can not reach e-library from the comfort of your room. Going in and out is a little stricter at this place then Friendship. Even your foreign friends might have hard time getting inside if they are not living here without handing in their student card. Also, if you are a scholarship student,after using allotted amount of electricity,you gotta start paying for it in Huahong which might equal few hundred RMB in winter if you insist on getting warm :P

As for Friendship, internet costs 20 kuai a month but the speed depends from time to time and you can access library from it. From outside not so good looking as you can see from the photos in the flickr. But inside its just fine,not much difference from Huahong. Oh..,except Huahong has Tv in the rooms and Friendship does not.

Have a look at the photos: http://www.flickr.co...N05/7749348368/

Note: Friendship is closer to the School of Management.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • New Members

hello everybody. i´m selected in a chines Scholarship programe to do a Master´s Degree in China, but it has been dificult to find a university to offer me a adnission letter (university place) can you help me??? because tis admission letter is the last document i need to forward in this programe. thanks

Doc. Silvio NascimentoChina.pdf

Silvio,

Please give us few details so that people can advise your properly, e.g the program you want to pursue in China, whether you want the course to be taught in Chinese or English. That will help people to assist you from an informed point of view.

Thanks

• New Members

hello thanks for the answer!!! i´m in a Chinese Scholarship Program with the Capeverdean Government, i´m selected for a Masters Degree, so the comission of this program told us to fin a University place and take the acceptance letter. i´m triyng to find any university that teach biology courses in English. can you help me.

thaks

see

Doc. Silvio NascimentoChina.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hello.I am from Pakistan.Anybody can tell me about Master in Internal medicine in tongji medical college..and which hostel is for postgradute students, specially for csc scholarship students .Anyone have any pics plz if anyone can share them with me.I applied for CSC scholarship for master internal medicine and got email regarding acceptance from university but still waiting for final acceptance from CSC council.

Regard

• 2 months later...

I was recently notified that I have been accepted into the Master's Degree Program in Computer Applied Technologies at HUST, taught in Chinese. I also received the Chinese Government Scholarship which will cover the 2 year Master's Degree.

I am slightly concerned about the degree being taught in Chinese. I am right around HSK 5, and I would imagine the Master's Degree Program would require HSK 6.

On the Admission Notice, under "Additional conditions," it says, "Your HSK Score Report should meet the requirement of university before the major study."

I have not been able to find any information as to what "requirement of university" is. What would happen if my Chinese proficiency isn't adequate? Would I need to do a year of language study? Would that be covered by the scholarship? Would I need to OR be able to switch to the English program? (The same degree is offered in English) How would that affect my scholarship?

I've already sent emails off to the office of international studies. I'm still waiting on word back. So, any information anyone could provide would be awesome.

Hi AndrewDotson

When I was pursuing my MSC in China, I witnessed several cases where people where initially accepted to pursue studies in English but when they arrived in China, they discovered that the courses were ONLY offered in Chinese language. That is a common scenario. So they had to study one year Chinese prior to commencing their majors. The scholarship period for those affected was adjusted accordingly. So if they discover they you're not proficient in Chinese (which I doubt will happen in your case) and they ask you to do one year of Chinese language, your University will notify CSC and the your scholarship period will be increased by a year. That should not worry you. If they have offered you a place to pursue MSc in Chinese, chances are that they don't offer such a course in English. From my experience, studying in Chinese language is better than in English, most English language programmes tend to be "lighter".

• Like 1

@chanda

Thanks very much for your reply. It's done a lot to calm my nerves. I don't want to spend all the money getting over there and end up getting screwed over by something like that.

I would much prefer to do the MSc in Chinese. I'm currently just below HSK 5. I'm not sure if that is sufficient to do a Master's Degree in CAT. I've done some searching online for what the HSK requirement might be, but that ended up a waste of time. I saw answers from HSK 3 to HSK 6.

Actually that one year which students spend to learn Chinese is never enough. Students actually start their major with poor levels of Chinese language and continue to improve their language by attending Chinese classes side by side with their major. With your HSK level, I have no doubt in my mind they will allow you to start your programme

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • New Members

Hi , I am from India . I got into Huozhang institute of science and technology in Wuhan . I will be doing an under graduate course in mechanical engineering . I would to know how many international students will be joining me for a similar course and the life of international students over there .

Thanks .

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm Panji from Indonesia. I'm going to study in Huazhong Univ, as per this September. I've received some documents for my admission, and i'll be living in Friendship apartment. Does anybody here know about this apartment? maybe you can share some photos.

Thank you so much

• 2 years later...

Hi guys I'm from Morocco, I have been accepted by Huazhong university of science and technology with CGS scholarship, I will do my PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular biology.

I have two questions:

1-since I'm a PhD student and i have a full scholarship, do you know if the university will give me a single room or double room?

2-do you have any idea about the quality of the staph in the department or the school of Life sciences in HUST? 

Thanks un advance !!

• Like 1