Chinese-Forums

Deleted Articles of Mencius <孟子节文>

Stonde

• New Members

Hello,

does anybody know something about the deleted articles of Mencius? In my course I'll have this topic soon and I wanted to prepare for it, but I couldn't find anything about it.

So I was just wondering if there is somebody knowing things about it or maybe where I can find something written about it.

Thank you in advance!

I'd never heard of the 孟子节文 before but apparently it's an early-Ming work in which the author has collected bits and pieces thought to belong to the 孟子. A quick search didn't turn up anything useful in English, but if you can read Chinese, just use Google or Baidu and you'll find quite a few interesting pages.

I'm curious to know, what course is this for? Late imperial philosophy?

• Like 1

• New Members

Thank you for the quick reply!

It's for my Classical Chinese Course, where we most of the time translate texts, but we have one hour per week where we are talking about various things belonging into that time.

I'll try to fight through some Chinese Texts then :)

You're quite welcome. Can I ask where you're studying? It seems the classical Chinese course you are taking is quite wide-ranging in its selection of texts :)

By the way, I don't know what went wrong earlier, but now Google seems to have decided that there are, after all, some English books that mention this 孟子节文. See these books, for example.