Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University of Technology

roddy

This topic is for discussion and reviews of Zhejiang University of Technology. Accommodation, courses, on-campus facilities and activities - anything to do with Zhejiang University of Technology goes in here. If there's a lot of discussion about any one particular topic we might split it into a new thread and leave a link here.

• 5 years later...

Hi all,

I will be going to Zhejiang University of Technology from 10 September 2012 untill the end of June 2013. Anybody else going too?

Or do people who already went there have suggestions/remarks on this university or city?

Kind regards!

• New Members

Hi!

I'll be studying there too. I've got Confucius Institute scholarship for one semester. Anybody else? ;]

BTW you are writing, that you'll come to Hangzhou 10 September - isn't it too late? Do you know when the semester begins? I haven't received yet my documents from university, so you are probably better informed than I...

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fadenoir, congratulations with your Confucius Institute Scholarship! Excellent stuff!!

I was indeed planning of going to Hangzhou the 10th of September but I arranged my flight the 2nd of September since my girlfriend also have to go to Hangzhou and her classes start earlier.

I've mailed the office of ZJUT and they told me that the registration period is between 10 and 12 September and classes start 17 September (in comparison with other universities kind of late) and will end late June (so you can still travel in July :)).

Hopefully this is helpful!

May I ask you where you are from and what your level of Chinese is? This way I can sort of judge wheither we will be in the same class.

Kind regards!

• New Members

Sure.

I had great luck receiving this scholarship. When had I applied for it, I haven't had already even HSK exam passed. I've done it a few weeks later and somehow now I am going to China. I still can't believe it ;-) In addition I started to learn chinese over a half year ago, so I hardly understand simple sentences. I suppose I will be at the lowest level class trying not to drown in thousands of characters to learn ;]

I am from Poland. I guess at ZUiT won't be many Polish, so it would be quite easy for you to recognise me ;] And how about you - where are you from and what's your level?

BTW I plan to arrive to Hangzhou 9th, maybe 10th September.

Hehe sounds like a good story indeed. Great choice of having the HSK exam, this exam has great recognition in China! I haven't done it yet, but will do it in China when we're there. I can always help you with Chinese if you need it. I have been studying it for a few years now (going to 3rd year in college and last year in evening school). Yet, my level has dropped sincerely because of lack of practice. Anyway, I don't know how many groups there are in ZJUT but I will be in the middle I reckon. I am from Belgium so I also will not be too hard to recognise :).

We should definitely meet when we're in Hangzhou.

Good luck for the rest of the month and don't forget to get visum in time since it may take a few days or even weeks to be handled. Good luck!

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...