Chinese-Forums

Fudan University

roddy

Hi guys! I'm studying a year long Chinese language programme starting this coming September. And as part of the residence permit application I need to submit a physical examination report either conducted in China or in my home country.

I was thinking of getting it done before I fly over to China, and was wondering whether anyone could tell what sort of things they check?

Thanks very much!

@Geo_chan You definitely can, which I did myself. Take this form to the doctor with a passport photo on the front here. You can get it filled out by your family doctor, internist, or a doctor from a clinic. As for the "photo section" - it requires either a signature or stamp on the photo and paper (half on/half off at the same time) so that it can act as a seal to prove that it is your photo and has not been tampered with.

Make sure you also get the necessary lab and tests done and attached to the physical form so that you can evade doing it in China. This includes Aids and Syphilis test's reports, You need a report from your X-ray, not the big scan, a report on a normal piece of paper, to show how findings are normal, in other words, no TB. And it should look something like this: 

1488120151657.jpg.0766fb877cf748e2784d14427a625b9e.jpg

• Like 2

@Crainn Ooh I am not very sure when it comes to that and the staff there are pretty anal about everything. I bet they would let you but you would def have to pay extra. Worse case scenario if you do arrive early, I recommend that you stay in a hostel or airbnb till you are able to move in. Hostels are pretty cheap too if you are on a budget. 

Dorms at Fudan have strict rules. 

If you are planning to arrive in Shanghai before September 4, which seems to be the date of registration at the university, make sure you bring enough money with you just in case.  

With other universities, a couple of days are fine, but things at Fudan are more strict.

@JirentheGrey

• New Members

Hi guys! Does anyone know if new Chinese Language Int'l Students in Fudan have an orientation? There doesn't seem to be one in the schedule but I've seen some posts about an orientation for int'l students. I just don't know if that includes CL Int'l Students. 

Thanks in advance! :D

@Jesska Vel There's not really an orientation but more of a opening meeting that happens on the Sunday before classes start. You will learn more about it when you arrive. But before that happens, there's like registration where you have to fill out some forms, turn in a physical, take a chinese exam to be placed if you know any along with a few other things like visa and getting a bank card (if you're staying longer than a semester). 

• Like 2

Hi! I have a friend who claims that you can sit in on another course. You won't be participating in any exams, but you can enter and listen in on the lectures. Is there truth to it? If so, is there a proper way of signing up, or would I just show up in class? 

• 2 weeks later...

@Bambuszne From what I recall, there's not really any hostels close to Fudan. Your best bet is to check from hostelworld.com in the downtown area either in Jingan or Pudong and take line 10 up to Fudan everyday till you find a spot. Ask around for WeChat groups advertising for rooms also see if you can get someone to help you if your Chinese speaking level is not too good for ooh there's a ton of scams out dere. 

On 8/26/2017 at 4:19 PM, hungry_mallows said:

Hi! I have a friend who claims that you can sit in on another course. You won't be participating in any exams, but you can enter and listen in on the lectures. Is there truth to it? If so, is there a proper way of signing up, or would I just show up in class? 

Late reply, but maybe you have it figured out now? Yeah I knew some people that've done that. Just inquire from within :)

On 8/26/2017 at 2:04 PM, Nnedi Ugo said:

But before that happens, there's like registration where you have to fill out some forms, turn in a physical, take a chinese exam to be placed if you know any along with a few other things like visa and getting a bank card (if you're staying longer than a semester). 

Hi.. Can i register without the physical examination??

13 hours ago, LanceGonza said:

Hi.. Can i register without the physical examination??

You definitely can, but you'll have to pay to take the one they provide at school or you can go visit a Chinese/Western hospital in Shanghai and do it for a fee. Normally runs around 400RMB. 

But I also believe if you're only studying there for a semester, no physical exam is required?! I can't remember. Don't quote me on that. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, 

Asking for a friend but @D.Gu is looking to study his undergrad at Fudan and he has some general questions about the school and the classes. If anyone wants to help him out, please private message him and answer away if you don't mind :) 

• New Members

Hey guys,

I'm currently doing the Chinese Language Program at ZJU in Hangzhou but am switching to the program at Fudan for my second semester. Is anybody also starting there at the end of February or already studying there?

My second question is about the visa. I currently have an X2 Visa which expires in the beginning of March. Does anybody know what visa I need to get to be able to stay till July? The lady on the phone said I need to change my X2 Visa into a residence permit, but she wasn't sure so I was asking to avoid any problems when I get to Shanghai. I also heard I need a physical examination form, is the one I have from my home county also valid?

Cheers,

Chris