Chinese-Forums

Essays in classical Chinese by a blogger

Kenny同志

Few people write in classical Chinese now, so I am sure you will be interested in this blog if you can read the language.

The blogger is exceptionally skilled in classical Chinese and has the ability to make the characters in his writing as real as they are. Most of his essays are about celebrities who have become known through the Internet.

By the way, you may need a little bit of background information regarding 凤姐(the most hated reality star in China) and 犀利哥(the coolest vagrant).

Edit:

It turns out there are two versions of 犀利哥传.

犀利哥传一 (父已薨 is incorrect because 薨 is used only for 诸侯 and 有爵位的大官)

犀利哥传二

• Like 2

Kenny, could you add in some explanations for these links please. You're asking Chinese learners (excellent and enthusiastic learners, admittedly, but learners nonetheless) to visit random pages on the Internet and read something with no idea what it is or why they might want to read it. This is not good pedagogy.

• Like 1

I've only read the second one, which somehow reminds me of 岳飛傳, which I learnt when I was young. The piece is interesting. But isn't 太史公 a specific title for the court historian in Han Dynasty (and usually refers to Sima Qian)? It is not a general title for whoever writing a piece of history, is it? And the writer should have thought of something other than 十年生死兩茫茫. :mrgreen: But it is good fun.

Skylee, why do you think 十年生死两茫茫 is not good enough here? I'm not doubting your judgement, just asking out of curiosity. While they are quite interesting to read, because of my limited knowledges of classical Chinese, it is hard for me to tell whether they are well written or not. :)