Chinese-Forums

University of International Business and Economics

roddy

@DianaZh, normally it takes the admin office a couple of days to reply. Maybe calling them would be better. Someone I know confirmed their scholarship status with UIBE via call. Awesome! If I think of anymore questions I shall pm you! Also I wish you the best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

call the int'l students office (SIE) and ask for Shào Laoshi, she's managing the scholarships and she will be able to tell you whatever you need to know she's really nice and helpful! 

• 8 months later...

@Eponym hi.I have also applied to UIBE through university CSC scholarship.I have also selected by the ministry/Embassy of our country for bilateral exchange scholarship.UIBE was not in that three universities list.this is the 4th one university I have applied.normally embassy through result announced in July but I am interested in UIBE but I don't know when UIBE will announced the initially selected CSC candidates lists or when they will email to the selected candidates.could you please guide me in this regard? Thanks in anticipation

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I want to start my studies PhD studies in UIBE from September (I applied for MOFCOM Scholarship and CGS via Chinese Embassy in Poland). Could anyone tell my something about the campus (quality of facilities, potential free-time activities)? Also please answer whether PhD students are accomodated in single or double rooms.

Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

Lectures:

Until now I have only had courses taught in mandarin especially for foreigners. These courses are only attended by foreigners. Since the professors/lecturers keep in mind that they are talking to non-native speakers, it is not too hard to follow the lecture (my Chinese level is HSK 6). If you have passed HSK 5 you should not have too much trouble.
My major is 工商管理 (Management) and until now I have had the following courses:

- Chinese economy
- Basic Info about China
- International Management
- International Relations
- and Mandarin courses

The content is very basic considering that I am in my 5th semester (bachelor).

I have 8 lectures per week. Every lecturer has to check attendance because your attendance is a factor in your final grade. If you miss more than two thirds of the lectures than you're not eligible to participate in the final exam, thus, you have failed the course.

In the next semester my timetable will be a lot more packed and I will be able to attend classes which are only for chinese students. Let's see how that works out for me. :)

Exams:

Usually, there are two exams per semester in every course, but some lecturers prefer to substitute the mid-term exam with a presentation on some topic (in Mandarin of course ;)). This semester I had 3 presentations to prepare and 3 mid-term exams.
The exams are open-book and designed in a way that almost everyone can pass. Although getting a very good grade isn't that easy because there will also be some tough questions. (This only goes for the foreigner only classes. I haven't had a class with only chinese classmates yet.)

Life at UIBE:

UIBE Students unions:

UIBE has various clubs and teams that you can join.
e.g.:
- martial arts
- Model United Nations
- various other sports
- enactus (social projects)
- etc.

Food:

On the campus of UIBE are 4 cafeterias. Each cafeteria is huge and offers a large variety of mostly Asian dishes. (The main cafeteria has 4 floors) Prices vary between 6-15 RMB. Outside of the campus are a lot of small restaurants which also sell lots of nice food:

- fried chicken
- hand pulled noodles
- dumplings
- Hotpot
- BBQ
- traditional Chinese cuisine
- pizza
- burgers
- etc.

These restaurants are slightly more expensive than the cafeteria and can be way more expensive. One meal normally costs between 10-100 RMB.

Hope that was helpful! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

• Helpful 2

Hi Aaron, exams are actually pretty easy as they are all open book and you can just copy most of the answers directly from your book. Although, you should be able to understand the question and then find the right paragraph to copy. So if your not sure about how to write characters you can just copy them, but be aware that time is really tight. This means if you can’t write any characters and it takes a lot of time for you to write than you will not be able to finish on time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1