Chinese-Forums

Beijing Foreign Studies University

roddy

• New Members

Yes that is also what I thought, but take a look at the date of the news at this website (http://www.admissions.cn/news/316807.shtml). Now consider that china education center images are not super-new, so a big change in a few months and already other picture on their website? Not that I discredit anyone, I would like to know the truth since I have found only one picture on their website (http://solbridge.bfsu.edu.cn) and it is the same one like in the china education center. Does anyone have some good news? It seems like an approachable university, but almost no information about it.

• New Members

Its not about questions (I already received many informations from chinaeducenter.com advisers- I recommend to use it). The point I was trying to make is that it would be good for potential students to make particular university topic look something like (just a suggestion, not a command of course ;) ):

1. University name

2. short info (like when was created, some more important changes)

3. opinions (in this case- http://schoolreviews.cucas.edu.cn/SchoolIndex.php?schoolid=151 pretty good website)

4. couple of pictures

Well, this building is the sports center - a really great building, amazing swimming pool, I wouldn't worry about the pictures too much, seems to be one with sun and one without, and one maybe nice weather and one not, that can make a big difference.

I've studied at BFSU for 3 semester, all language study. So I don't know what the degree courses are like but from what I've heard they're quite good.

BFSU itself is a really nice university. Not too big, which is quite good as you can walk from one side to the other within 15 minutes, something definitely not possible at Tsinghua or Beida. A new library just got finished and a new business building is about to be finished soon. Food is also really good, just maybe a little bit more expensive compared to other universities (still cheap).

I really enjoyed my time there. For living there, the normal dorms have been introduced already. The best, however, is to find 3 other people, go to bailou and ask if you 4 can rent an apartment in talou (塔楼) together. This is quite cheap (same as cheapest dorms) and a lot nicer.

• Like 4

Not too big, which is quite good as you can walk from one side to the other within 15 minutes, something definitely not possible at Tsinghua or Beida.

Thats if you only look at the eastern Campus or also the western part included? Cause the campus is divided in two parts by the 3th ringroad.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please help me about the CSC scholarship procedure for this university?

I want to apply for post graduate program in Mangement science and engineering...I cannot open the admissions link on the university webite..Can I apply directly to this university or they dont accept direct applicants?and also is there any registration fee we have to pay?what is the deadline of CSC applications?

I would be very grateful if someone can help me..........

@HirraButt

I would also like to know whether we can apply directly to the university?? The website registration wont let me register either!

Also @HirraButt... the csc application deadline differs from country to country, but its usually April 31st.

• 1 month later...

I am waiting on acceptance to BFSU for September 2013 and am wondering if people can throw at me all types of information about the university and on and off campus accommodation! I am from Australia and have been offered a scholarship to study here. I'm planning on studying within the School of English and International Studies. I have zero Chinese speaking, writing, listening ability, so i'm absolutely terrified!!

Any help or information would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Sarah :)

• 1 month later...

Sarah, were you awarded the CSC scholarship, I am going to BFSU in Sep 2013 as well on scholarship? What I've heard is the best rooms are in bailou. Guojialou apparently has even nicer rooms, but are too loud and more expensive.

I wasn't - I was awarded the William Chiu Scholarship through the university I'm attending in Sydney. I'm just filling in my accommodation form and am going for GuoJiao Building single room - Bailou was not an option as I assume all the international students are in the same buildings :) Whereabouts are you from? It'd be awesome to know a few people before we all get there!!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be studying in International Studies as my degree over here is quite strict on what subjects can be used for credits! Have you received any information about a starting date yet? I'll be arriving the 5th September!

Well, I don't have any official info either, but according to the last year's academic calendar (which dates all the way to Sept 2013), this year new students are supposed to check in on 2nd Sept, old students on 6th Sept, and the classes are supposed to start on 9th Sept.