Chinese-Forums

Beijing Foreign Studies University

roddy

@ eseanyang

The notice I got with my admission states:

"BFSU staff will wait at the exit for international arrival at terminal 3 to assist you with transportation to campus. On september 5th the school bus will leave the airport at 10:30am , 2pm and 7pm. On september 6th the school bus will leave the airport at 10:30am and 2pm. The BFSU staff will hold a sign and wait at the Exit for internation arrival at teminal 3. Please inform us of your arrival date and flight information in advance"

Hope this helps.

@tytzer has your accommodation been confirmed yet? A boy from our uni who has been at BFSU for a year already and is going back this semester had a chat to us both yesterday and it has just made us FAR too excited...we're almost starting to pack!!!

@sarahvbarlow My accommodation has not been confirmed yet. I contacted my agent (CUCAS) regarding the status of it and they told me that BFSU is processing my reservation request and will inform them as soon as possible. And overseas affairs also told me that it'll be around August.

@tytzer which building did you apply for? and what type of room? sucks you have to wait, they said that to me but then they emailed like two weeks ago and confirmed. maybe pester them a little bit more, worked for me !

@sarahvbarlow I applied for the GuoJiao building: Single room with Toilet. Did you apply directly to the University or via third-party? I applied through CUCAS which is similar to the UK's UCAS. The worst thing that can happen is that I will have reserve a room on the spot. (Based on availability of course)

@sarahvbarlow Intersting.. Because when BFSU sent me the admission package (Around mid June), it also included the accommodation reservation form which to my understanding was the most updated one. Now I'm getting anxious knowing that it was under renovations when you applied. :-?

@tytzer well i selected it as my first choice and they got back to me straight away, but basically said it was because of the renovations that this accommodation would be offered to students starting later...don't stress! I'm sure everything will work out and there will be somewhere! :)

@sarahvbarlow No I haven't. I just graduated from College (Pre-U) and I just drive there from home. I've been to China plenty of times but usually on short-term and never really long-term. So yeah, I'm having mixed feelings about my university life. :lol:

@tytzer oh awesome, well this must all be very exciting for you. this is my first time to china...so there's another thing for me to stress about, i have a feeling its going to be SO different from Australia haha