Chinese-Forums

Peking University

roddy

It's okay, as long as you can get over 80, everything's fine. Thank god for 现代汉语, it's so much easier to write basic 书面语 than 文言色彩的书面语 (that I suppose will be needed for 古代文学、古代汉语 etc.). I will definitely be writing my graduation thesis on 语言学, one for it being more convenient language-wise, and two for being much more useful than 文学. (at least, to me)

你们要达到中国人的表达水平

That's really cool though! Sounds like you have a great opportunity to take advantage of as long as the teachers are helpful and work with you. I think it's kinda weird that you take issue with "Westernized" Chinese people though. How would you feel if Chinese people said "Easternized" foreigners are the worst? Lets get rid of these double-standards please.

If they could prove their point, I don't mind them saying that. So yeah, to me, these kind of Chinese people are still the worst. I much prefer Chinese people who had to go abroad and still stay Chinese within, like Zhao Yuanren. These Chinese people living in China but thinking they are so Western-like in mind are just, 怪物。

• Like 1

Hi, @BanZhiYun! I am going for 公费.~ I am still undecided where should I go, but for now, I am considering 对外汉语学院 and doing a bachelor's degree in Chinese like you because I think I am not yet that prepared for a master's class in China and I would like to study my master's somewhere else~ Thank you for those pictures!

There is no bachelor degree in 对外汉语学院. :(

If my understanding of the term 对外汉语学院 is correct, then yes there is. You can get a Confucius Institute scholarship for a BTCSOL - Bachelor's in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. You are eligible to apply for it with good HSK3 and HSKK Intermediate exam results and being a recent graduate of high school not older than 20 years of age.

http://cis.chinese.cn/?p=154

3. 汉语国际教育本科  资助期限为4学年。申请者须为具有高中以上学历,汉语水平不低于HSK三级180分、HSKK中级40分。

3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) Students

This category provides a sponsorship for 4 academic years. Applicant should hold a high school diploma or above, a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and a minimum score of 40 in HSKK Test (Intermediate Level).

There is a list of universities that accept students in this category on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website.

http://cis.chinese.cn/article/old/node_5737.htm

Peking University is not one of them but BLCU - Beijing Language and Culture University - is.

@LinZhenPu, yes, there is such a major in China, but my point was that there isn't one in PKU. They only have 中文系, which isn't exactly the same.

@jobm I applied for CGS, PKU has a requirement that you passed HSK6 with >210 to be eligible for consideration. There are less than 5 欧美 bachelor students, though, most of the CGS bachelors are Singaporean. (go figure)

To be quite honest, I think HSK6 >210 is far from enough doing a graduate degree. It's like a high school homework compared to the intensity of some compulsory courses. All the courses beside the 现代汉语 (Linguistics) are absolutely insane, especially 古代汉语.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pushing this up :) Would love to hear from those who have been to Beida or are currently studying there :) I already got accepted to the English-taught MBA in Guanghua School of Management, and I'm just waiting for the scholarship results :shock: I really hope to get the scholarship because the tuition fees for MBA is just too expensive. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! (Long time no see... *lurk*)

I've been having a look at a double Masters degree in International Relations - the first year takes place at Sciences Po in Paris, the second year at Peking University. Has anyone here undertaken the PKU International Relations masters or know anyone who has? :)

@ctan15 Not going, but just wanted to say congratulations! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...