Chinese-Forums

Peking University

roddy

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone ! Please, do anyone have any informations about Peking university Shenzhen campus ? Is it as good and as well recognized than the original Beijing campus ? More precisely, have anyone heard of their school of transnational law 北京大学深圳研究生院国际法学院 ? Thanks and stay safe everyone!

This school has quite a history, and you should read up on it.

The original plan was to set up a law school in Shenzhen that would adopt a U.S. curriculum and issue graduates J.D. degrees that would qualify them to take a U.S. bar exam and practice in a state there. Beida hired a noted American legal scholar to run the school and obtain the necessary qualifications. But ultimately the American Bar Association changed its accreditation rules and pulled the rug out from under the school's plans, though there might possibly still be some avenues open for the school's graduates to practice in some U.S. states, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, the ABA decision really upended the school's raison d'être, and I have no idea how well it's recovered from that blow.

In any event, my impression has been that the school runs quite separately from the Beida law faculty in Beijing.

4 hours ago, 889 said:

This school has quite a history, and you should read up on it.

The original plan was to set up a law school in Shenzhen that would adopt a U.S. curriculum and issue graduates J.D. degrees that would qualify them to take a U.S. bar exam and practice in a state there. Beida hired a noted American legal scholar to run the school and obtain the necessary qualifications. But ultimately the American Bar Association changed its accreditation rules and pulled the rug out from under the school's plans, though there might possibly still be some avenues open for the school's graduates to practice in some U.S. states, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, the ABA decision really upended the school's raison d'être, and I have no idea how well it's recovered from that blow.

In any event, my impression has been that the school runs quite separately from the Beida law faculty in Beijing

Thank you very much brother. Very interesting