Chinese-Forums

South China University of Technology

roddy

Hey guys! I got the CI scholarship for one semester to study Chinese at SCUT. Hope I can meet here someone to show me round when I arrive in Guangzhou :) And other new scholarship students too, obviously!

I've been just wondering if you've had any contact with the university. I had to write a bunch of emails to get any reply. And I was told they will send all the necessary documents in... 45 days! How is it possible? If they send the documents in 45 days, we'll probably get them in the end of August, maybe even in the beginning of September. Or maybe what they mean by "大概45天之后“ is actually "大概四五天之后”...

I study at Sun Yat-Sen University my self, but I have friend that have studied at SCUT. According to their experience, the courses are better on the Tianhe campus than on the University Island (Higher Educational Mega Center Campus). I've heard them saying that the class size is way too big and many have changed from University Island Campus to Tianhe or even to other universities. According to my friend there are non-degree students both in Tianhe and in University Island.

Not relevant to the university, but I happen to live close to SCUT University Island campus if anyone wants to meet up :)

@cabalin Congratulations! I also have a scholarship for first semester Chinese but am currently unsure if I can take it or not. The University have organised for me to do 2 6month scholarships (one confucius, one csc). However, my work contract does not allow me to leave Australia before the end of December. I email sieinfo@scut.edu.cn and always get a reply within a few days from a teacher called Fay Long.

I contacted the University to make sure I was in Tianhe campus, and they have comfirmed that I will be. I get the feeling that after a few weeks of nothing but Chinese, I'll be begging people to meet up. Have English? Will meet :lol:

LauraS, but is there any chance you'll go to China in September after all?

Yeah, I also got a reply from Fay. And I guess you don't have to worry about English speakers in Guangzhou. I've heard it's overrun with foreigners, unlike Xi'an where I lived for one year :wink:

• 11 months later...

Hello.

I wrote SCUT as one of my desired universities in my application for CGS. I really hope to be accepted.(although i do not have HSK certificate)

Can someone give information and their oppinion about the university, since the posts on this topic are quite old?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello everyone, pls. I want to apply for SCUT admission through Chinese government scholarship. Requested application materials to be posted to SCUT, Guangzhou include Original copy and notarized photocopy of both highest diploma certificate and transcripts. I seems to be confused. Pls. will I send my original document or just its notarized photocopy ? I will also like to ask the difference between notarized copy and notarized photocopy. Pls. i will be glad to receive response soon from someone schooling in SCUT. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...