Chinese-Forums

Hi! ...and www.cantoneasy.net

mrchristoph

• New Members

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and hope to stick around!

I have recently launched a website to help users learn to read simple Cantonese characters by playing 30 second quizzes:

www.cantoneasy.net

I'm sorry if this post is not allowed, but I am not selling anything here, just want to get the site recognized by people who might find it useful. I would appreciate any feedback, or feature requests as I hope to build it into something big, with a big social aspect.

Thank you!

• Like 2

• New Members

Hi mnanon, thanks for signing up!

In reply to your question - none at all! I have recently moved to Hong Kong and learning cantonese myself, I was looking for this kind of website to help me read, and couldn't find any so I created one myself. The purpose of the website isn't to teach you how to speak or string together grammatical sentences, but to get people recognizing characters quickly through repetition - so they can begin to read signs, menus etc. whilst out and about in Hong Kong.

I was going to put a "what this site is, and isn't" section on it to be clear on this. Will probably do this pretty soon if you you think this is important.

Thanks for your comments

• Like 1

I think the website is very well designed, if you could integrate a dictionary such as the one at http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk - it would be an amazing site.

There are some great solutions where the coders don't need to have expertise in Cantonese but they provide credible dictionaries and great solutions such as Pleco(Mandarin) for Android/iPhone. I would love something like Pleco with a Cantonese dictionary.

I enjoyed using your website. Thank you for the great work.