Chinese-Forums

Appointment planners

Meng Lelan

Yes, I am putting this in Reading and Writing Skills because the new year 2012 is coming up and I want an appointment planner - in Chinese characters, doesn't matter trad or simpl. I don't know if the Chinese use them at all - they are like books that show a week over two pages (or something like that) and you write in stuff you have to do. Where do I get one?

I assume you now have a smartphone (you mentioned you had ordered an iphone on the internet at incredibly low price)? if you do, why don't you use a planner app? It would be very convenient and environmentally-friendly (as far as paper consumption is concerned). You don't need the planner to be in Chinese, do you? You just need to write in Chinese.

I use an android phone and use a diary app to keep my appointments (in both Chinese and English).

Yes, me and my three boys now all have incredibly cheap iPhone 3s. I am sure that today's young whippersnappers just whip out smartphone planner apps and write in their appointments. Skylee, don't they still sell paper appointment planners in Hong Kong and Taiwan because I imagine older folks prefer those over smartphone apps?

I have to use a paper based appointment planner because at my work it is required to be in paper not in a smart phone app for documentation purposes and also at home the boys have to access my paper based planner to find out everyone's schedules.

Thanks, abcdefg, I just PMed you.