Chinese-Forums

Chinese Language Program @Tsinghua University (February 2012)

Brian Lau

I haven't checked the forum since I last posted. Anyways, met some of the group from the CLP program and its really nice to put a face to a name :)

You will need a Chinese phone number and your passport to open an account. I think it only cost me 20 RMB to open this account. Not sure why Gwynie had to pay 200 RMB.

Opps, forgot about the phone number bit. You do need that to open a bank account not sure if its mandatory though. The minimum deposit was RMB200 with a processing fee/service fee of RMB15. So I ended up with RMB185 in my account. The waiting sucks in Building C, there is another BOC next to the Main gate of Tsinghua. A bit farther off but its warmer with less people. But the Bank Manager, Lucy, in Building C is really nice so I would recommend going to her.

@Gwynie: Where did you get your physical examination? You're referring to the physical examination form for 1 year students right?

Yeps, for those wanting to stay for year and are applying for an X Visa, you need to get a physical examination done at Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center Haidian Clinic. The results take 4 days to complete and the offices are open Mon-Fri from 8:30am-11:00am. No breakfast, cause you need to take a bloodtest. (For those scared of needles, the nurse I got was really good, she did a funny kung fu thing with my arm and I only felt a slight prick, also maybe cause I was half frozen) You need a passport size picture and approx RMB400...I believe I only paid RMB 345.

Anyhow, hope to meet more of you soon, I'll be in Dorm 20, so will be seeing more of you guys.

• 1 month later...