Chinese-Forums

2012 CCTV Chinese New Year Show - save the date!

roddy

Just a quick reminder for everyone that we're less than two weeks away from the annual amazement that is China Central Television's New Year Extravaganza - it's on the 22nd of this month, 8pm Beijing time and there will be online watching options. I haven't been following the build up, but here are some talking points I've made up from the Internet:

Shiny new director this year, 哈文 - sound informed by commenting that she is wife of veteran host, 李咏

This is to be an advert-free show. Not sure if that means free of all sponsorship, but it's a shame as it was great listening to them try and read the adverts really quickly.

The show is to rely more heavily than usual on 'grass-roots stars' - whatever that means.

赵本山 and 小沈阳 are on the bill. YAY! In a skit called . . . 洋媳妇儿!!! With apparently a foreigner by the name of 唐伯虎, who was in some partially foreign group I should probably know more about, playing the wife. We'll all be looking forward to that. Apparently she's been chosen as, and get this:

之所以能得到赵本山的青睐,加盟到《洋媳妇儿》节目组,无外乎两点原因,中国的外国美女少,中文讲的好的更是少之又少。

Miaow. They've obviously not gone through our member list.

Right, I need to go. I'm just robbing this from here if anyone wants to continue.

Watch this space, we'll probably be watching this live.

• Like 3

I watched the video clip. Being so pretty can counterbalance a multitude of grammar sins. She can use the wrong measure words all she wants and I will still be a fan. It seemed that TV show host would also be willing to take her home to meet Mom, as would I.

Lets all overexcite ourselves with reviewings of 春晚s past - here's 宋祖英s first appearance, way back in 1990.

Tudou and

- I'm sure you'll be overcome with emotion, just like the cameraman. Wobble like that nowadays and you'll be making tourist propoganda in Inner Mongolia before the 饺子 are all eaten up.

Nice to see the WSJ also picked up on the guitar/ukelele thing, great minds think alike and all that :mregreen: I'm guessing it was just one of those lost in translation things, if baijiu can be wine, and mandarins can be oranges, I see no reason why ukeleles can't be guitars.

I thought it was just one of Gato's usual wacky nonsense riffs.

Indeed.

Nice link to 宋祖英. Particularly enjoyed this comment on youtube:

Remember this: you are a world class singer adored by Chinese all over the world. Chau ben-shen is a bum!