Chinese-Forums

Fudan University International Dorm

vanillaextract

I want to buy my sheets before I get there.

I can't say anything about the bed size, but there is a Walmart (as well as plenty of other shops) in Wujiaochang which is not very far (20 mins on foot approximately) where you could easily buy sheets after you arrive.

Hi! So I'm going to be staying at the Fudan Int Dorm starting Feb. Does anyone know how big the beds are? I want to buy my sheets before I get there. Any advice on living there?

thankyou =)

I just measured my bed: it's ~90 inches lengthwise and ~40 inches breadthwise -- so basically your standard twin bed. It's great living here if you have a scholarship, but otherwise rather expensive. A shared flat with four roommates, each with her own room, two shared bathrooms and a shared kitchen costs 55 yuan per person per day. (Your roommates are allocated by the school.) A single room with your own bathroom costs 80 yuan per person per day. Cheaper flats can be found elsewhere. You can try looking on websites like http://cityspace.shanghaiexpat.com/

• 6 months later...

Guys, I'll be living there too I think. Just started a new post and found this :( sorry!

Can you give me some insight into these dorms? Its part of my scholarship and I was reserved a single room, but where? Im guessing it will be a FOreign Student Dorm..

Is it any good?

Should be able to find some extra info here.

Foreign students are kept separate from domestic students, I think perhaps partially because they think that foreign students will not be able to adapt to the tiny dorms that domestic students use, and partially because Yang Rui thinks foreign students will encourage domestic students to emigrate (joke).

My friend who stayed there last semester had no complaints about her stay in the foreign students dorms, and only expressed that she gained weight from eating at the cafeteria there all the time. It appears that foreign students dorms are pretty cushy.

Thanks so Im guessing this will be the main building. Read a few reviews over here and it kinda looks promising. Can't complain if you get all that for free...

Any ideas for TV, internet and electricity charges are like?

• 2 weeks later...

oh God. I just found out that I won't be living in the main building but in affiliated building/supplementary or whtever it's really called.

It's basically a smaller building just outside. No surprise since I get it free and this one is much cheaper.

Any feedback on affiliated/supplementary building? It looks like these are "apartments" with 2 bathrooms and 4 rooms which is ok but as far as I can tell there's no kitchen, tv etc....

any ideas anyone?

omg...they better have some good and healthy food outside or Im gonna go nuts!

Hope my flatmates will want to cook as well so we can buy some electric grill or something... Im usually on a fitness diet so I cant even think of eating lots of rice and noodles...

Im praying there's at least something that could be called a kitchen...

• 1 month later...