Chinese-Forums

Grammar books aimed at new HSK

eion_padraig

So I've decided to take the HSK 3 and the HSK Beginner Speaking Test essentially to add to my resume and to see how I do. I've seen the word lists and I'm pretty solid with about 500 of the 600 words for HSK 3. I'm wondering if there is a grammar list for the new HSK test (I've looked to no avail), or if there are textbooks aimed at teaching the grammar for specific HSK levels.

I have several beginning level textbooks (基础汉语40课, 汉语会话301句, 说汉语,新实用汉语课本2) and a few grammar books (Chinese A Comprehensive Grammar by Po-Ching & Rimmington, Basic Chinese A Grammar and Workbook by Po-Ching & Rimmington). I figure these will cover the grammar topics, but I'd like to focus on the most relevant for the tests.

Later, I hope to take the HSK 4 and intermediate speaking test assuming I pass the HSK 3 and Beginner Speaking test, but it's clear from the vocabulary list that I need to learn upwards of 500 words for the HSK 4.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Are there similar guidelines for HSK levels 4 and up?

For levels 1 through 3, Chinese Testing provides a list of the skills you're supposed to master (see for instance the list p. 33 on http://www.chinesetesting.cn/userfiles/file/dagang/HSK3.pdf ) as well as a list of the different grammar points you're supposed to know, as edelweis mentions. But then, starting with level 4, these guidelines are no longer provided.

Can they found somewhere? Are there no more grammar points to learn? (I highly doubt that).

Having those would definitely help with preparing the exams!