Chinese-Forums

What does this Russian mean: "плата за заказ – независимо от веса и способа пересылки, за все отправление"?

anonymoose

I'm trying to figure out the cost of international postage from Russia from the Russian Post website.

This page seems to have the info I am looking for, but I don't understand Russian, and Google Translate hasn't given me a definitive answer. Essentially, the part that is confusing me is "плата за заказ – независимо от веса и способа пересылки, за все отправление". Does this mean that, in addition to the fee based on the weight of the package, there is an additional fee per packet? In other words, for an airmail packet of up to 20 g, the fee given is 27,26. Is this the total, or is the total 27,26 + 53,81 = 81,07 (where 53,81 is the fixed additional fee)?

Thanks for any clarification.

"плата за заказ – независимо от веса и способа пересылки, за всё отправление" means: "The payment for the [use of the special postal] order is the same regardless of the weight and of the shipment method; this payment is for the entire delivery." I did not use this service for many years, if at all, but they seem to mean: when you use the special postal order (as opposed to the regular postal order), then your payment is the sum of two parts: the regular part that depends on the package weight, and the special part that is weight-independent. Yes, what you calculate seems right. Please be aware that Russian postal service is extremely slow and not very reliable.

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by "special postal order" and "regular postal order"? All I'm looking for is the standard rate (without any special services such as registration) for mailing a package.

My understanding is that "заказная бандероль" means "registered media-parcel (parcel with books or documents) with proof of delivery", while "простая бандероль" means "media-parcel that is neither registered nor has proof of delivery". I'm not sure what that means today. I would guess that Russian postal service still lives in the Soviet age long before computers were invented, but there may have been some limited modernizations. For example, I'm not sure if they treat CDs and DVDs as media mail.