Chinese-Forums

Ever heard of tourboarding? leave a line please!

Diegø Møzø

I've found a website called tourboarding,com feel free to check it this is how they say it works.... as an exchange for 2 hours of you teaching them english you'll get free accomodation plus 2 meals daily just for teaching them English... there's also a VIP membership which cost something like $25 this fee is paid so you'll get better options choosing the place you'll go .... I've read and is like you can actually contact directly the "family" and write to them offereing your self.... and if you have already a place to stay they will offer you in exchnge Chinese lessons or guided tours around China and some other things but Actually I'm wondering If ever anyone had done this and how did it came up to be?

Please share your expiriencies I'll be going to guangzhou and I'd like to collaborate yet... this sounds a bit to doggy...I just want to save my self a bad time and also for all you netizens out there to be either delighted or aware about what's going on in the net!

http://www.tourboarding.com/

Thanks for all your comments!!

BTW I forgot to write that the $25 fee is a one off.

@west plane ticket is not included.

I teach 14 hours a week at a college. I get a free apartment with all utilities, 4 months of vacation a year, and a free airplane ticket. So you could say I teach 2 hours/day. Oh yeah, and I also get a salary. I guess it's an okay deal if you just want to come do tourism for a few weeks, but really for a foreign tourist who is trying to save money the plane ticket will be the biggest expense in coming here, which you don't mention. Why not spend a little more and not have to worry about the teaching? And I certainly wouldn't pay for the VIP package - you are giving them money so that YOU can do work. That doesn't make sense to me.

From the foreigner's point of view, it can probably be nice as a way to get cheap accomodation and some contact with local people while travelling. If you find a bad match, you can always bail out and stay in a hostel. I don't think this service would be a very good deal for the host family (series of 'teachers' who stay for only a very short period and are not invested in the results of their classes), but that's not what you're asking. If you want to be in China for a longer time, this is probably not the best deal.