Chinese-Forums

Mandarin language 'soul' style?

ainbro

• New Members

Hello,

I'm currently making the cross-over from Japanese music to Mandarin language music. My specific style is more of a cross-over with American styles of music. I was wondering if there are any Mandarin language artist who might sing in this style? When I was working with Japanese music I favored Mika Nakashima (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LeJvunospXQ). Don't know if there is a Chinese version of her style?

Thanks,

AB

• 3 months later...

I live in the New York Metropolitain area and I listen to WKDM 1380AM which has a Mandarin talk/music broadcast M-F, and yes, they do play "soul style" music during the evening. Unfortunately, my listening skills are such that I'm unable to give further information. However, the music is very good, as is the station.

I haven't heard any Chinese pop song in soul style except (maybe)this particular song by this particular singer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMaW9hliIxQ

I remember reading an article about this singer爱戴 somewhere saying that her "soul style" version of 彩云追月was an instant success, and it mentioned that it was the first Chinese song in soul style. Although I should say I don't understand the style well enough to tell if it's consistent with Mika Nakashima's...:)