Chinese-Forums

KTV Song Help

yialanliu

I am looking to increase the number of songs iwthin my KTV arsenal. While my coworkers have been helpful, I have found that it is not enough because there's one important area where they don't take into account which is the difficulty of learning the song and sound decent rather than horrible so figured this community might be better.

My current repetoire which I feel comfortable is:

勇气 - 光良

朋友 - 周华健

水晶

恋爱达人

月亮代表我的心 - 邓丽君

I guess what I am looking for is songs that are on the slowish side(easier to follow) with easier character recognition(easier to read especially since it's going to be traditional) and songs that are professional. I will be using this for work and of course play but I am asking because of client meetings that will occur in that environment. Thus no jokey songs since I am not white and can't pull off the cute kiddie songs :(

At the same time, my repetoire is getting old. Any new songs to recommend? 2011 and newer.

• Like 1

童话 and 第一次 by 王光良 are great, slow, and on the easy side.

你怎么舍得我难过 also fits the bill. as does 小乌龟

also, almost anything by 王光良 is great and easy to follow

Stuff by 庞龙 is usually not too hard to get through. Songs like 你是我的玫瑰are easy enough but kind of sappy, I like 我的家在东北 quite fast though. Always handy to have a few songs in the bank for unplanned KTV excursions!

http://v.youku.com/v...cwNDAwMzY0.html

Well that's obviously something I can add if he can sing it haha. Thanks for the tip!

My personal preference is cheesy and sappy is all okay. My line is things kids sings which I think doesn't work haha.

Oh and: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQzNjM3Mjg=.html

Love the movie, definitely an add as well haha

From the above, I’d guess you can’t go wrong with classics by 刘德华(冰雨、练习、孤星泪、无间道、天意、笨小孩 etc etc) and 张学友. And why not try some 周传雄? 张信哲?

I am looking to increase the number of songs iwthin my KTV arsenal.

Your post reminded me that I need to update my own KTV song list. It's been a while since I've been to Cashbox or Haoledi in Shanghai. Unfortunately, I don't have many recs for recent songs as I'm pretty behind myself. Although, I did hear that 传奇 is pretty popular though. 传奇 - 李健 (Original version), 传奇 - 王菲 (Faye Wong's version)

You might also want to look into duets. They're usually pretty slow. Try these: 小酒窝 - 林俊杰 (JJLin) & 蔡卓妍 (Charlene Choi), 你是我心内的一首歌 - 王力宏 & Selina (from S.H.E.)

My personal preference is cheesy and sappy is all okay

Here are some songs that I can recall off of my list. With Chinese songs, I prefer sappy ones as well. I've actually translated a few here and provided those links (as well as to translations by others). Normally, I just listen to online Chinese radio or go to mp3.sogou.com to find songs that I like. Also, as long as I like the song, I don't really care if the singer is male or female (for singing that is).

枫 - 周杰伦 (Jay Chou)

彩虹天堂 - 刘畊宏 (Will Liu)

安静了 - S.H.E.

这一刻 - 孙燕姿 (Stephanie Sun)

遇见 - 孙燕姿 (Stephanie Sun)

Fly Away - 梁静茹 (Jasmine Leong)

我要的世界 - 萧亚轩 (Elva Hsiao)

最熟悉的陌生人 - 萧亚轩 (Elva Hsiao)

听海 - 张惠妹 (A-Mei)

One Night in 北京 - 信乐团 (Shin)

红豆 - 王菲 (Faye Wong)

Some songs I like:

- 'I Believe' by Fan Yichen;

- 最浪漫的事 by 赵永华, which is even older;

- 对面的女孩看过来 by Richie Ren

- I would like to sing 红豆 by Faye Wong, but haven't learned it yet;

- Wang Lihong also has some good songs;

- SHE's Superstar is easy and fun;

- if one of your friends can sing Cantonese: 好心分手 by Wang Lihong and a lady whose name I forgot.

All kinda old though. Two weeks ago I sung I Believe and my friends commented that this was a 老歌. It wasn't when I first learned it :-/ I need to update my repertoire too, I suppose.

"I believe" is a classic. It's on my list as well. The original Korean version came out over a decade ago; a time when Korean dramas like Winter Sonata were all the rage in China. I heard that this Korean MV was really popular in China at that time as well. There's a Chinese version of that song also but not as well known.

• 4 weeks later...

背叛--曹格

王妃--萧敬腾

沉淀--胡夏

说谎--林宥嘉

听海、分生、掉了、人质---A mei

洋葱---杨宗纬

孤独患者、红玫瑰、白玫瑰(cantonese)、浮夸(cantonese)、好久不见、十年、十面埋伏(cantonese)----陈奕迅

月牙湾、我们的爱(very popular in KTV)、你的微笑、千年之恋----F.I.R

离歌、死了都要爱、告别时代---Shin(信,苏见信)i think it's not so easy to sing for boys.