Chinese-Forums

ZDT 0.9.0b1 relased

kaya

I tried installing Java 7. I think it worked, but ZDT still did not load.

!SESSION 2012-07-17 02:19:03.506 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.5.0

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE The following is a complete list of bundles which are not resolved, see the prior log entry for the root cause if it exists:

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE Bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.dictionary_0.9.0 [6] was not resolved.

!SUBENTRY 2 net.sourceforge.zdt.dictionary 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE Missing required bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard_0.8.0.

!MESSAGE Bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard_0.9.0 [7] was not resolved.

!SUBENTRY 2 net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE Missing required bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.jfreechart.libs_1.0.13.

!MESSAGE Bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.jfreechart.libs_1.0.13 [10] was not resolved.

!SUBENTRY 2 net.sourceforge.zdt.jfreechart.libs 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

!MESSAGE Bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.supermemo_0.3.0 [15] was not resolved.

!SUBENTRY 2 net.sourceforge.zdt.supermemo 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.611

!MESSAGE Missing required bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard_0.0.0.

!MESSAGE Bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.tests_0.7.0 [16] was not resolved.

!SUBENTRY 2 net.sourceforge.zdt.tests 2 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.612

!MESSAGE Missing required bundle net.sourceforge.zdt.flashcard_0.0.0.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-07-17 02:19:04.626

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in net.sourceforge.zdt.core was unable to load class net.sourceforge.zdt.core.ZDTApplication.

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:178)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:191)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:626)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:608)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:562)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:486)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:459)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)

... 15 more

• Like 1

I installed Java 7, but it still was problematic. But after installing Java 7, I reinstalled ZDT 0.9.0 .

I have been using the Pinyin recall and the self-review without any problem, but I've tried using the definition test and the fields where you click to select the definition are blank until you select an option. The possible definitions appears, but the next card reviewed will still be blank. I did try to set the definitions for 6 possible answers. When I encountered the problem, I set it for 5, but the definitions fields where still blank during the definition review. I tried it with just 4 fields and the problem was the same.

Any suggestions?

post-117-0-16482900-1343100491_thumb.jpg

Here is what gets shown when I try to use ZDT's flashcards with my definitions. No options come up.

If I try to click on one of the definitions, and I get it wrong, then a pop up notification says, "Failed to execute runnable (Java.lang.NullPointerException)"

Hi, I've tried this beta and previous stable versions of ZDT on Win7 but it can't open. I get a message saying that ZDT can't locate jre in program files\ZDT\jre so why is it looking for java in the zdt folder? It also says it can't find javaw.ex. I have jre7 installed for both 32 and 64-bit versions. I tried the compatibility mode but clearly that's not the issue.

I used ZDT on XP and loved it. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Odin, how about to copy your installed Java (jre) to the ZDT\jre folder? Just copy the content of your installed Java, not the Java folder itself, into ZDT/jre folder. Doing so, your ZDT/jre folder should contain a bin and a lib folder.

Kaya, many, many thanks! I just downloaded the .exe with java included and it runs. I had previously installed java, but when I checked the Oracle page that scans for which version is installed it couldn't detect it? This seems to be an issue with how Windows 7 files java, and not ZDT - which is more awesome than ever :clap !

• 4 months later...

I like the ZDT program very much. About 5 co-students are not using it (we study the wordlists fom Jiaocheng, Book 2 (Shang and Xia) edition 2006.

I found some minor problems with ZDT.

One is, that we some words (but not always!) the following error comes up:

"Problem occurred

" 'Play Sound' has encountered a problem.

" An internal error occurred during: "Play sound".

FYI:

* Windows 7

* The problem started right from the beginning when I started to use ZDT 0.9.0 (version number according Help-> About)

* Play sound is turned and no sound file is associated with the flash card (none of my flashcards have that).

* I have followed the steps in Help->Report a bug, but did not receive reply (about 28 Nov)

Any suggestions?

Besides, I have some feature suggestions, that I came accross while studying.

Finally, it seems that the 'Notes' do not import correctly. Perhaps better to write separate report on that.

As said, sometimes notes do not import properly.

What I mean with that is:

* There is text file with Chinese words, Pinyin, English meaning and a note for each item.

* Only one item per line.

* Via Categories->Import the file is imported.

* The import works fine, expect that of most items the Notes are imported, often only from the first one.

Windows 7

ZDT 0.9.0

For example, see below.

This are six lines of a file that I try to import, only the note from teh first line was imported. Any suggestions?

价钱 jia4 qian5 price noun; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

称 cheng1 to weigh verb; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

零钱 ling2 qian2 small change (of money) noun; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

塞 sai1 to fill in; to stuff verb; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

相信 xiang1 xin4 to believe verb; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

感激 gan3 ji1 to be grateful; to express thanks verb; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

轻松 qing1 song1 relaxed; not nervous; light adjt; advb; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

Hi mvdberg112,

I think the problem is, that you did not choose the right format to import. To make it right, you could export an existing category with note entries. Once exported, have a look at the exported file using a text editor like notepad. You'll see that the entries are separated by special characters as for example, TAB, semicolon, comma and or slash. This is ZDT format but you can also choose your own format.

For example for your text above you could use semicolon as element delimter and slash as definition delimiter. Keep care that your delimiter characters must not be used within your text. They have to be used exclusively as delimiters!

Given the format S;P;/D/;N whereas S stands for Simplified, P for Pinyin, D for Definition and N for Note, semicolon is the element delimiter and slash is the delimiter for defintions, your first line would look like this:

价钱;jia4 qian5;/price - noun/;Lesson13 Supplementary words, Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2, (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia)

Remark, that I have replaced your semicolons by comma because semicolons are delimiters and can't be used in the text. If you want to use semicolons in the text, just choose another delimiter.

When you import the above, ZDT shows you before importing the whole file the very first line (see screenshot). This allows you to verify if ZDT has recognized all your elements you want to import. If it looks incorrect, alter your file to import in a text editor, go back and forth in ZDT so you'll see the result of your modification immediately.

I think the problem with the sound is related. Probably you imported some categories and ZDT interpreted your data pointing to audio file(s). If you don't have audio files, don't tell ZDT that you have some. This is done by omitting the parameter A during import as I did in the above example.

However, if you'd have an audio file located at c:\chinese\audio\01.mp3 just tell ZDT about using the following format:

S;P;/D/;N;A

The above line would then look like this:

价钱;jia4 qian5;/price - noun/;Lesson13 Supplementary words, Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2, (汉语教成-第二册-下-Hanyu Jiaocheng-DiErPeng-Xia);c:\chinese\audio\01.mp3

Hope this helps!

post-46889-0-51215000-1355566928_thumb.gif

• Like 1

Good point about the delimiters. Yes, if the delimiters were incorrect, then that could cause any problem.

I should have included what I had chosen as delimiter and what the import settings were.

I do understand: the delimiters cannot appear in the fields (elements, or text) anywhere and any character in the text cannot serve as delimiter. I.e. they are mutual exclusive. And yes, I did save (CTRL-s)

So here they are:

• delimiter in the file is TAB (that is between the Chinese and the pinyin is a TAB, then between pinyin and definition, then between definition and the note).
  • import format S P D N
  • Element delimiter: TAB
  • Definition delimiter: None
  • No definition delimiter is used because (1) TAB does not appear in any of the elements/fields. (2) Comma (,) or Semicolon (;) could be used in the text, so they are not.

In the preview (this preview feature is very helpful!), the software shows that :

• Simplified: 价
  • Traditoinal: unspecified
  • Pinyin: jia4 qian5
  • Definition: price
  • Notes=noun; Lesson13 Supplementary words; Hanyu Jiaocheng-Volume 2-Part 2; (汉语教成-第二…

This looks good right? What am I overlooking?

But even of that first line, (with jia4qian5 on it), the note is not imported.

Why? The preview shows it correctly!

BTW: I have also tried with '/' (slash) around thedefinition, import format :

Import format: S P /D/ N

Elements delimiter: TAB

Definition delimiter: None

But unfortunately, still the notes do not import. Strangerly, the note for 'sai1' DOES appear. Why?

Finally, I have tried with delimiter ';' (semicolon) in stead of TAB and all semilcolons in text replaced with a comma (,).

Import format: S P /D/ N

Elements delimiter: ;

Definition delimiter: None

Again, no notes, but only for sai1

See:

Screen shot of Import

Three TXT files attached that I try to import. All three with the same results.

post-50134-0-19649700-1355652350_thumb.jpg

B2-Xia-L13-ProperNames.txt

B2-Xia-L13-Supplementary(TEST SemiColon).txt

B2-Xia-L13-Supplementary(TEST).txt

Forgot to add some details on the sound file problem:

1) As one can see in the Import Format: there is no field for the soundfile, the "A" (letter A for audio) is not present. So Import function should not import anything into the Audio field.

2) After importing, the Audio field is indeed empty. Even no space in that field. This can be checked but selecting a record in Categories mode, then Edit Entry, and go to the second tab. So, even when sound-field is empty the problem still occurs, but not always.

3) When the problem happens during a flashcard session with one or more cards, it always happens with these cards, until the session is over. Sometimes the problem does not happen a next session with these cards. I have the feeling that after recycling the flashcards several times during one session (because I did not remember them the first time), the problem happens more often (i.e. with more cards the error comes up), but I am not 100% sure of this.

4) The problem also happens with cards that are re-imported from a backup (the ZDT backup/restore function).

Hope this info helps.

> Why? The preview shows it correctly!

Did you save (ctrl-s) in this case?

I couldn't reproduce this case. When the preview is correct, the item gets correctly imported - at least the first one. BUT: it seems that notes of further items don't get imported! However, I experienced that when I used the pattern S T P D N ( element delimiter TAB, definiton delimiter /) then it imported correctly all the notes!

As you don't have T (traditional), you need to type TAB twice which means that T is empty.

Could you try this and keep me up to date please?

Btw. I remarked that your files had a funny encoding which didn't work for me. I had to convert them to UTF-8.

The sound issue sounds ;) weird. I don't have an idea and need to look into the code. However, I'll be out of office (and out of country/continent) for the next 4 weeks, so I won't be very responsive during this time.