Chinese-Forums

KoGuan Summer Law school programme in Shanghai

sl234

Thanks All.

I agree it is a bit expensive. Although the cost decreases when the employer pays.

I also agree that there are better ways but this seems to be a good introduction. I've only identified one other two week course and that is 50% higher.

All in all, I've found it a reasonable compromise as I am already an attorney working in the international space.

Sorry for all the questions. They do offer room and breakfast but I am not sure of the accomodations so will have to find a back up plan near the University. They are in XuHui district. I usually stay in Pudong or Jing An temple area. With all of the construction, it is sometimes hard to define walking distance.

'Sweet dream, sweet flower, and sweet lemon, that I desire resides in me all along'

Indeed I've always thought "

You must be a lawyer. Thanks for all of your help. Chinese law is interesting. You know you can write the CHinese bar exam as a foreigner now. I saw your other posts about asia practice. Have you looked at singapore? apparently still a hot market from what I hear.

Sorry I was just being facetious quoting from the speech mentioned earlier.

Yeah Singapore looks pretty interesting. I was there for 4 hours changing flights once. It is very hot yes!

No I'm not a lawyer. Are you some kind of marketing person for this event!?

Sorry. not a marketing person. I was just curious since there may be a correlation between folks who are interested in chinese law and chinese language. I will probably never be good at either but my chopsticks skills have improved dramatically.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry for the delay. Yes, I took at the course.

1) Most of the students appeared to be American Born chinese studying in the states

2) Classes were excellent 4 hours/day for me no tests

3) Professors were a mix of academics and practicing attorneys

for me it was definitely worth it. my class was small, the professors were very friendly ( I was older than the other students)

I also did not stay on campus ( which I was told was a smart decision)