Chinese-Forums

Where I can find examples of Chinese characters in pen or pencil, not brush?

batment7

• New Members

Where I can find examples of Chinese characters in pen or pencil, not brush?

I am trying to learn how to write Chinese characters properly. The problem is that all online examples I found are that of a brush (where each stroke gets wider or narrower as it progresses). ex: http://www.learnchin...9/04/%E7%9A%84/ but my goal is not to master the art of calligraphy!

Are there any websites that have a list of common Chinese characters written in pen/pencil?

• Like 1

You might be interested in a website I created: Hanzi Grids

It allows you to create pdf files of practice grids that can contain any characters you want, and the paid version has a couple of pen handwriting fonts that you can use (see here for examples of the types of files you can generate).

I wrote another post here, that details how you can use this to create your own 'handwritten' versions of any document you like for reading/writing practice.

If you search for "handwriting" you can find a number of handwriting samples from users on this forum. That way you get different perspectives.

This is a great question for a language-exchange partner. Just ask them to write some stuff for you. I asked my friend for some handwriting samples, and she proceeded to write 我真不想起床 without lifting the pen more than twice. Blew my mind.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...