Chinese-Forums

Red Mountain Culture

frozenmyth

Anyone here ever learned anything about the Red Mountain culture in China???

I think CCTV 4 ran a few programs on that. It's traced back to more than 6500 years and some artifacts were dated back to 7000 something years.

I think it mentioned that some artifacts were first discovered in some northeastern provinces of China in 1976. One of the the most noticeable type of artifact was named "Pig Dragon" in Chinese.

Much research is still being undertaken and not yet widely known outside of China. Although some lucky travellers bought some of those artifacts earlier before the scientific community became aware of the culture.

Anyone here know a little bit about this?

You are good Jose.

You even know about the Hongshan culture.

That's very surprising cus even most ethnic Chinese do not know about that. It's still rather new though.

I just wonder how did you first learn about that?

Did you watch that on TV or any non-Chinese program showed that by any chance? Looks like that may become something emphatic in the archaeological and anthropological communities in the near future.

Thanks for the link.

Actually, I didn't know about it at all until a few days ago. The thing is, since I moved back to Spain a few months ago I have been doing a course on East Asian studies at the Autónoma University here in Madrid.

We now have a subject on Chinese art, and I have been searching the Internet for images of things like Shang bronzes, Buddhist paintings and the like during the last few days. I had come across those zhulong pics just a few days ago...

So, you happened to ask the question at the right time for me to answer :D