Chinese-Forums

NTNU MTC 2 week express program

davidlivsey

• New Members

Has anyone ever heard of or had any experiences with this program? I think it's pretty new as I've googled it and searched here but to no avail...

I would preferably go for the regular MTC summer course but unfortunately the dates don't suit me. It's actually pretty pricey... around NT $23,600 for a mere 18 hours of Mandarin classes, 6 hours of "culture" classes and then some excursions etc. Compare that to NT $16,800 for MTC's regular two month summer-session, which gives you 10 hours of Mandarin a week for 8 weeks... Confused.gif

Link to the website: http://chinese.mtc.ntnu.edu.tw:8080/TwoWeekExpress/

Any info would be appreciated,

cheers

I go to MTC, and I have to say, I don't see how it could be worth that price. I haven't looked into the details, but you could get 18 hours of one-on-one instruction at MTC for about half that price (it runs 700NT per hour). Maybe the trips are awesome, but they're probably nothing you couldn't do yourself with a Lonely Planet book.

According to this page, you can set up a month-long program of private tuition, 10 hours per week, for 28,000NT. That would be a much, much better deal if you have a month to devote to it. I'd recommend getting in touch with them about the specifics of that.