Chinese-Forums

New HSK Level 5 Computer Exam – preparation tips

jienene

Extremely helpful. I am about to give HSK 5 in June and have been trying to find reviews on the online format of the exam for a long time now. Thank you so much for the informative post.

Another question. If someone returns to their country before the result is declared, can someone pick the result on their behalf as long as they are carrying an authority letter?

Another question. If someone returns to their country before the result is declared, can someone pick the result on their behalf as long as they are carrying an authority letter?

I don't know for certain. Maybe others could answer this question. If you ask the testing location where you take the exam, I'm sure they could tell you. I'm guessing that if you gave your friend photocopies of your passport and your test ID paper then it could work.

• Like 1

Great tips! I'm considering taking level 5 in Q4, 2012 and this is a great help.

Does any one know whether and when the computer format will become the standard or whether the paper version will continue to be proposed in the near future?

Obviously it's a trade-off between not being able to read answers in advance in the listening section and being able to use pinyin in the writing section. Given my poor hand-writing skills I guess it's still a net gain in my case, but I'll need to test that on a few mock tests.

Thanks again for the insights.

• Like 1

Does any one know whether and when the computer format will become the standard or whether the paper version will continue to be proposed in the near future?

Whether or not this will become the standard, I don't know. But if you want to take the computer version, you can just go to the Hanban site and see which testing center has 网考 listed after it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...