Chinese-Forums

accident/disability insurance in Beijing

Beijing2012

I am moving to Beijing in a few weeks for a two-year period. As there are many ways to get sick or injured in China. I have spent a fair amount of time looking online for various policies but there isn't really anything yet that resembles an AFLAC-like policy for expats in China. Since I want to be fully insured, exactly what kind of insurance is required and does anyone recommend how to go about finding it?

If it's not possible you can buy a series of policies. For example:

Can I purchase a policy if I have already left home?

Yes, you can purchase a World Nomads policy even if you have already left on your travels.

How do I extend my cover?

As long as the same terms and conditions of cover are available [travel coverage changes from time to time as we develop our products] and your travel insurance has started but not yet ended, your travel insurance policy can be extended via your World Nomads members page. If the product has changed you will need to check that the policy is still right for you before making a repeat purchase.

Is there a limit to the number of times I can extend my policy?

No, as long as the same terms and conditions of cover are available [travel coverage changes from time to time as we develop our products] and your travel insurance has started but not yet ended, cover can be extended via your World Nomads members page. If the product has changed you will need to check that the policy is still right for you before making a repeat purchase.

https://www.sevencorners.com Seven Corners, probably the best insurance company on this planet. I have their international travel insurance for which I pay about 320USD/year that covers everything! They even reimburse the taxi fare from my apartment to the hospital. It takes about 15 days before you get the cheque. Amount reimburse is in USD so if you are depositing the USD cheque into a Chinese account, bank will deduct 90RMB from it.

• 1 month later...

depending on your budget, you may want to contact the hospital that you think you would use if needed, and get their recommendations (if it is tailored to expats). also, some have direct billing with specific insurance companies which saves from filling out forms, or worse, paying up front then hoping for a full reimbursement.

an independent insurance agent can give u quotes from multple companies.