Chinese-Forums

long-term accommodation in Kunming

tingdiver

hello everyone :D

i'm planning to go to kunming by end feb. to study chinese for at least a semester. can anyone refer me to or provide contact info for details of where i can negotiate for 1-3 months (depending on if i can find part-time work to stretch the funds) stay in kunming.

i have been told the dorms at yunnan university for chinese studies has dorms with $5 beds a night, but i would like something more private, like a studio-type apartment or one-bedroom apartment. from my readings on this forum, it seems there are people who are renting furnished apartments for 500-700Y a month. or sharing apartments with other foreigners.

if anyone can direct me, give info on these kinds of possibilites, i would be really grateful.

by the way, i'm a female first-time solo traveller to china who's never lived alone abroad, so any help offered would really be of great value.

thanks.

Hi!

I'm a German student making a one-month course at Yunnan University from 11th February till 11th March.

I will live in the student's appartments from the university but perhaps when I arrive earlier than you I can ask some people where you can find free appartments for rent.

Kind regards!

I think it would be hard to secure an apartment in advance, but when you get here I'm sure anyone at your school could help you out.

I think you can get a pretty nice apartment right down town for ¥500 a month.

If you are going to be working at a school, they should have accomodations for you.

• 2 weeks later...