Chinese-Forums

Teaching for just two months in the summer - is it possible?

SinoPhil

大家好! I would like to teach German (yes, not English, but I still guess that's the best forum to ask) in China. This year I could only do so in the summer months however. I've found quite a few job offers for two semesters at Chinese universities but I can't do that before autumn 2013, so I wanted to ask the forum: Do you know of any possibilities for teaching just 6-10 weeks in China? There must be universities and language schools that offer summer courses, no?

If you just know of summer courses in English and give me the name of the institution that would be very helpful, too. I could then enquire if they are interested in German teachers, too. btw: I'm a German native speaker, I'm also about to finish a teaching DaF (German as a foreign language) university certificate, and I have plenty of teaching experience in Germany.

Any advice or job offers :D appreciated !

You can check the foreign language universities in China, wai yu xue yuan, and see what you can find. Someone else on this forum can probably give you the Chinese and you can google on it, or just google on China wai yu xue yuan. It might help if you added the name of a city to that. Also you can check the new oriental school. They do some other foreign language instruction.

谢谢朋友, thank you Pengyou, especially for mentioning New Oriental School. I've checked and they do offer German as well, so I will contact them. - There are lots of Chinese universities that teach German, not only 外语学院. But maybe it's more likely wai yu xue yuan do sommer schools with foreign language instruction ...