Chinese-Forums

suggest me some of taiwan or china drama

许国真

And, what does the genre human drama mean?

I'm not sure, but I assume he means a drama with slightly larger scope than a soap opera. Maybe 90210 or Desperate Housewives is a trashy drama, while something like Lost or Game of Thrones is more human drama (I mean more mature...). I don't watch much or any of these shows so I might have butchered his meaning badly!

我可能不會愛你 (English title: In Time With You) is really popular in Taiwan right now. Another one I've watched recently is 半熟戀人 (In Between). I also watched part of a really goofy comedy from a few years ago called 原來我不帥 (So I'm Not Handsome). You should be able to find them all on sugoideas.

• 1 month later...

I can personally recommend Prince Turns to Frog, Fated to Love You, Hi My Sweetheart and Autumn's Concerto. These are all Taiwan romance dramas. Black and White is also a good action drama but I did not like the end part much.

I'm not very familiar w/ dramas in China since most are WuXia style which I'm not particularly interested in.

• 3 months later...

Hm, I may have to watch it then. I usually don't get into the sappy stuff at all, but maybe it will be good. I'm currently watching a series called 智勝鮮師, starring Sam Tseng (mentioned in that article) as Confucius, who travels forward in time to replace a teacher who's having a hard time controlling his class. Pretty funny, and very Taiwanese. In addition to crazy sound effects, words and cartoons flying across the screen, etc., there are a few characters who throw some 台語 in there every once in a while, and some of the accents in Mandarin can be pretty strong (the so-called 台灣國語 táiwān góyǐ).

On a side note, I've noticed that when non-Taiwanese people talk about "台灣國語", they're usually referring to Taiwanese standard Mandarin. In Taiwan it generally refers to the heavily-accented 國語 that you hear spoken by native speakers of 台語 (hence the pronunciation táiwān góyǐ). When people here talk about Mandarin, they just say 國語. To hear a good 台灣國語 accent, listen to 蔡老闆's accent in 智勝鮮師.

After reading Jkhsu's article I was so looking forward to watching 我可能不會愛你 (English title: In Time With You), seeing as it won the Golden Bell prize. I had very much enjoyed Ariel's It Started With A Kiss. Probably my favorite idol drama of all time. Okay, I've only ever watched two idol dramas, but, still I've liked it enough that I've watched it dozens of times, both in Mandarin and Cantonese.

But then I read the Wikipedia entry for Ariel and saw this is the second time she won the Bell. I thought the first time would surely have been for It Started With A Kiss but it turned out it was for the sequel, They Kiss Again. Which I thought was a piece of crap. I downloaded the first few episodes and gave up. In the sequel the Xiangqin character was way too silly for my taste. Not that Xiangqin wasn't silly in the first Kiss, but, this was over-the-top silly.

I'm currently downloading 我可能不會愛你, but, don't really hold out high hopes for it. Looks too serious for my taste.

The other day I saw Ariel and Bolin's Love Sick 戀愛恐慌症 on Viki and didn't think much of it. Not believable that they'd fall in love after such a short time of knowing each other. And didn't seem like they had the chemistry to fall in love. Maybe it was Ariel's hair-do in the piece. Maybe I'm projecting my choice in women into it. ;-)

Some stuff of Ariel's are great, but, a lot of her choices for acting role aren't always spot on. Ditto with her song choices. Some songs she sings are great, but, a lot are crap. Love the ending song she sings at end of Kiss I, don't think much of her ending song for In Time With You.

She's great on the few talk shows I've seen of her on, though.

She was on Kangxi Laile with Bolin and it was great. ;-)

She's my favorite Taiwanese actress. She was in Los Angeles the early part of the year visiting her aunt. If I'd known I would have stalked her. ;-)

Kobo.

P.S. Still no mention of the big Bell win at the Wikipedia entry for In Time With You.