Chinese-Forums

Nine years old today

roddy

I was a lurker before registering in 2008. Chinese-forums is welcoming and intimidating at the same time, but maybe I'm just making excuses for the low post count.

Learned a lot from everyone so here's to 9 more years!

Congrats Roddy. You've created a brilliant community here. In fact I would say that chinese-forums.com is the only reliable, active and up-to-date forum about Chinese language/culture/etc that I've found on the web. Great work, you should be proud.

I'm new, too. I'll throw in my thanks as well. I've only been studying mandarin for a matter of months and this site has helped me a lot, not only by answering the questions I've had in a friendly manner but also by answering them before I've had the chance of asking them. God bless search ;)

Happy Birthday and Congratulations Chinese Forums!

I'm much more of a lurker than a poster (I"m trying to do something about that..), so on behalf of the habitual lurkers, of which I am sure there a huge number, many thanks. This is a fantastic forum. Full of all kinds of wonderful information and support. Looking forward to the tenth and subsequent anniversaries ;-)

Congratulations! I think on all of the internet, including email and newspapers and everything, this site is the one I've been a regular at the longest. I haven't posted all that many useful things in the past year or so, but am still happy it exists and plan to be a regular for a good while longer. On to the next nine years!

I wish I'd seen the forums during its 开裆裤 wearing stages, but it was pretty darn cute when I signed up in 2007. And it still is.

I'd like to propose a toast! Raising a bottle of room temperature Yanjing beer in honor of the big 9.

• Like 1

I was once a nervous language student on my initial move out here. Posted a very vague and urgent question about BLCU, but was surprised to get an informative and immediate response from the community. So helpful that I thought I would stick around.

Here's to another 9 years and/or the final topic in December 2012 about making our way to the Ark in Tibet.

or the final topic in December 2012 about making our way to the Ark in Tibet.

I think abcdefg is planning to do some write up about the Ark after his trip to Tibet later this year, which will be very useful to us if things do come to that.

Okay, for the 10th birthday I want Roddy to build us an ark please. Imron can provide sound guidance. Renzhe can be a real captain. Skylee has been everywhere already so she can navigate. Of course someone is bound to complain they can't find the quote button anywhere on board...

• Like 2