Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

A list was posted a while back for Tongji University; however, after the list was posted, I had an interview with someone from admissions and there were other interviews set up as well. I am looking forward for a new list to be posted soon.... So the list on the site should not be final.

I got tired of waiting so I contacted a person I know at the Chinese embassy. He told me that they would be getting the results in one to two weeks but by the end of July the latest. He didn't seem to know whether I was selected but did say he had forwarded my documents to the CSC and the final decision on what 6 recipients would be chosen was up to them. I'm not sure if that's just b.s. but it gives me a little hope that I may have been selected. I haven't received an email from a university yet though. Do they normally contact you if you apply through an embassy and not directly to the school?

Only 6!?!?! If the university says that we are in, but the embassy says they are still waiting another 1-2 weeks, then what is the real result?

I've called CSC in Beijing before and it wasn't pretty. Maybe I'll give them a call again on Monday and see if I can squeeze any info out of them. My univeristy confirmed I got the scholarship, but I feel really uneasy because there has been no official documentation of it...

And informing us the last week of July? Talk about cutting it close! School starts beginning of September!! Giving us only a month to move is a little harsh...

@effeeali

when the result for peking university, renmin university and tsinghua university be announced. please share the link or any information about those

tsinghua university doesn't public any result. They inform scholarship winners directly by email. I got their email in may. If i'm not wrong also peking university does the same I guess.

Don't know about renmin..

@ Flipper 86

when did you apply? I applied through my ministry, but I did not get any e mail form any of the above mentioned universities. do the universities still have seats and going to announce those in end of july?

@effeeali

I applied last december through university directly. Got the recommendation for the scholarship in march and I got the winning notice in may. Did you apply for a master degree? Admission packages for graduate students at Tsinghua are out already.

I have not seen much information regarding Chinese language only applicants. Most of the results appear to be only for those pursuing undergrad, masters, or phd degrees. Are the results for Chinese language usually the last to come out?

• New Members

sir .... I have big problem

im jordanian living in egypt

i called chineese embassy on last Mrach in Cairo,,,, they told me we are unable to send Master application .. only we send PhD application u can send it by the Post so i collected all of my required papers and material and sent it on 5th last march by the Post ' ARAMEX '

every day coming after that became worried

i called today international office in CSC and told me we dont accept any papers from student or anything except chineese embassy .. and i became very confused

then called after that to chineese embassy and told them what happened ,,,, they said : ur application will go to university and just wait.

every one here .. i'm really confused ... help me sir .. where is the truth ? cuz i dream every night going china :) ... :( ;(

Hey guys this is my first time applying for this scholarship. I have pretty much read every single post in this blog and I'm scared out my mind. The results are taking so long. I applied through the OAS headquarters in Washington and in mid May or so i received an email saying i was shortlisted. I really did not expect the results to take this long to come out. Well best of luck to those who are like me...still waiting on a response.

By the way I am from Belize.