Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

1) What is your native country? Sweden

2) Where did you apply? King's College, London

3) When did you apply? Late January 2012

4) When was the deadline? February 1st 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? 3 years PhD program in Anthropology of Religion (goes under "Philosophy" in China)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Renmin University 3. Minzu University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? None?

10) Where did you get your physical done? Private clinic in London, very costly ~ 350 quid.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Paid 20 quid to get my BA notarized at a lawyer close to Piccadilly Circus. MA transcript was "stamped" by King's.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea, have none.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September/October 2012.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail from an "international administrator" prompting me to accept my major

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late May 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Peking University (Beida) for eighteen months language program, followed by three years phd research.

I have only been "accepted" via email, and have yet to receive any contract or official documentation, nor have my queries been answered when emailing both the CSC and Beida....so I am a bit anxious....hopefully everything will turn out fine...

@ effeeali,

I got email regarding my selection from that university which was not on my preference list (Dongbei university of finance and economics Dalian) .. I applied for doctorate in Business education (Marketing). I dont find much information about this university on internet regarding its research quality and standard of education. I may be dropping this scholarship.... :( :(

Yes tamir... All rankings I checked, DUFE is placed quite below... :(

Moreover I am unable to find any satisfactory information regarding the standard of education and quality of research at Dongbei (DUFE)...

I am quite disappointed.. because a government regulatory body in my country conducted a test for CSC scholarships to select candidates on merit.. and I topped in that test but still I was not given university of my choice... instead I am placed in a university ranked quite low :( :( :(

Disappointed.

Sal@

I can see why you are disappointed.

Obviusly, only you can make the decision whether to go or to drop the scholarship. I don't know what are your other options, and how much do you need this scholarship.

Personally, when it comes to doctorate, I would only go to a top ranking university, since the quality of the institution matters greatly .

@tamir

Yes you are right that one should pursue doctorate degree from top ranked university, that is why I was considering to drop this scholrship for DUFE... But I found this information about DUFE..

DUFE has 1 Education Ministry research institute, 6 Liaoning Province research institutes and 44 university research institutes. The employment rates of graduates has been consistently above 95% in the last 10 years.

• A first-rate higher education institution of economics and management in China. And among the top 4 business schools in China

• Maximum A+ rating in the 2005 National Evaluation of Education conducted by the Ministry of Education.

• No. 9 in The Most Valuable Alumni in China Universities by China Alumni in 2006.

• Top 3 in recruitment excellence and student quality within Liaoning Province for 10 consecutive years, No. 1 in Liaoning Province in 2002 and 2005.

• No. 2 MBA School in the national evaluation of MBA education conducted by the Degree Office of the State Council in 2000, one of the 16 national education centre’s for MPAcc. Highest employment rate for graduated students (97%)...

These facts have made decision more difficult for me now
:(

@sal

Did IPC people contacted you?

What is your application status in login?

What was your score in the test?

@sal and tamir 302

I have not received any e mail, and my status is still the application is in checking process.

should I think that my application is not approved?

what is education standard of Chinese education?

Hi .

is here someone how got accepted on EU Window Scholarship's? just I’m interested if you have received any information about university on which you have been accepted ? I’m on the list as well but I have no idea on which university , and no one answered on my e-mails. :(

Sal@

Maybe you can try to post a question about this University using a new topic in the more general forum? I know that a lot of people here don't bother with this thread, so maybe someone will have more accurate information over there. If this doesn't work, do you maybe have a Chinese friend or friend of a friend? Rumors are a good source of information about these kind of things.

The online status is, excuse my French, Bull*it. I was already informed that I had received the scholarship for the language program, but my status still says: "Checking". So don't worry about that, is means nothing. Though I'm not sure what "already recovered" means, if it has any meaning at all. Maybe the CSC guys are just huge Lewis Carroll fans!

Hi all,

This is a question for people who had received the scholarship in the past, but... when does all the documentation finally reach us? And when is CSC officially announced? I know it's usually July, but it's already July 12th and I'm starting to get antsy.

I have to go back to China July 30th, and it'd be really nice to sign up for a student visa first before leaving (of course, can't do this without the proper paperwork).

Do they send us all the documentation and around the beginning of August? When does this all usually get finalized? Does it depend on the school?

Thanks!