Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

Here is the website of those students who applied and were accepted by Xiamen University for CSC 2012 (if you didnt get the email). Congrats to all.

http://admissions.xm...=en&news_id=215 中文

http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/shownews.aspx?language=en&news_id=153 English

(This is only the first batch, the second batch will be listed by the end of June/ beginning of July)

• Like 3

Hello everyone, I applied for the csc scholarship and last month I got an email from my university which informed me that my application was successful. I applied it for a master program at Tsinghua university in environmental engineering. I have a few questions about it.

1) Tsinghua university won't send me the admission package because I asked them to give it to my friend in Beijing (she will send me the documents through a safer mailing service). Does anyone of u know when the admission package will be probably ready? University told me the final administrative approval will be in june. but june when? i hope not too late.

2) does the scholarship covers the whole studying period (2 years) or i have to apply for it again after 1 year? It's full scholarship.

thank you for help

1) What is your native country? United Kingdom

2) Where did you apply? Direct to the university - Nankai University

3) When did you apply? Late February 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 15th 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes - I am currently studying in Zhejiang University on an EU Chinese Government Scholarship

6) What program did you apply for? One year language programme followed by Masters in Chinese Commercial Law

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Nankai University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Nankai University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Used my Chinese physical from enrolling at Zhejiang University in August 2011 - it was over 6 months old when I applied...

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Zhejiang University

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Zhejiang University

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012

14) How were you notified? By phone call

15) When were you accepted/rejected? June 2nd

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Nankai University for one year language program and two year master's program in Commercial Law.

• Like 1

@Flipper86

The csc office says that the final decision on all scholarship will be available in late june/early july,. What you got was just the notification that Tsinghua was ready to accept you. The scholarship runs for the entire period of study, i.e whatever you put on your application

I got the notification that tsinghua accepted me in march, last month I got another email about the scholarship. They confirmed I got a full one. That's why I was wondering when I could get the package for the visa etc. June/july approval is just administrative process by Tsinghua committee. That's why other universities (the first posts in this topic) like tianjin and xiamen already showed winners.

@Flipper86

My friend, I hope you got it, but I applied for xiamen university and in middle of May, received an email that mentioned I have been nominated for CSC scholarship. Unfortunately my name there wasn't in final list.

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? Italy

2) Where did you apply? Direct to the university - Tsinghua University

3) When did you apply? March 14th 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 30th 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? 2 years Master in Environmental engineering

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? Tsinghua University

10) Where did you get your physical done? In my hometown.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I asked Venice University - Italy where I got my bachelor degree

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? have no idea, didn't need them, or probably Tsinghua got them for me

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I've been accepted for the full scholarship starting autumn 2012

14) How were you notified? By email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? May 8th

16) What school and program were you accepted to? 2 years Master in Environmental engineering at Tsinghua university

@Amin i understand, I got the nomination in march too, but in may I got approval. I paste the email I got from them, just in case:

Dear Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate:

Congratulations! Your application of CSC scholarship has been approved by CHINA SCHOLARSHIP COUNCIL.

The official admission letter and visa application form will be sent to you after the final administrative approval by the University Admission Committee in June,2012. The detailed information regarding registration and accommodation will be sent along with the admission letter.

In terms of the delivery of your admission package, we strongly suggest that you may come to our office to collect it or ask your friend to come and take it on behalf of you since it takes long time to mail it and loss occasionally happened. Anyway, please let us know your choice and send us your address in which you would like to receive the admission package. (English taught program students please tell the program you applied.)

Finally, it is our sincere hope that you will accept this offer. We look forward to welcoming you to Tsinghua and wish you every success in your academic career at Tsinghua.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at grad@tsinghua.edu.cn <mailto:grad@tsinghua.edu.cn>

Best regards!

Foreign Student Affairs Office

I got this email from USTC today.. They are bringing confusion in my mind. I think i will not get scholarship this year :(

Hi,

Greetings from the International Affairs Office, University of Science and Technology of China!

Your application to our university has been processed and already there's a prof. agree to accept you under his supervision if you successfully are granted a scholarship.

We have already sent your scholarship application to CSC, but the result may come out in late June or July. As you know, the number of CSC scholarship is very limited, so if finally you don't get the CSC scholarship, you still have chance to apply for USTC scholarship. So now what you need to do is just waiting with patience. We will let you the result a soon as we get it.

Don't desperate @yasirsolangi, there are 2 rounds. First one is in early may, second is late june.

(This is only the first batch, the second batch will be listed by the end of June/ beginning of July)

@yasirsolangi

"i have been nominated for Xiamen university Scholarship"

You mean CSC scholarship for Xiamen University or Xiamen University Scholarship? They are too different things.

also @amin

Which degree did you apply for? Language studies or a post graduate degree? Xiamen first sent me an email in April stating they nominated me for the scholarship and then needed to confirm it. Then in May they emailed me again stating I was nominated for a specific type of CSC scholarship. Lastly they emailed me June 1 along with the other candidates (who are only post grads).

However, there is a second round that will be out later this month, dont give up hope yet!

@Flipper86

Congratulations!

So surely you got this scholarship.

About your admission package: last week another university which my friend got this scholarship, send an email that his package will delivery after two weeks.

@yasirsolangi

Have you applied for another university as well? I hope, our name was not in Xiamen list, due to we have nominated by another university and CSC has decided for that one.

Xiamen first sent me an email in April stating they nominated me for the scholarship and then needed to confirm it. Then in May they emailed me again stating I was nominated for a specific type of CSC scholarship. Lastly they emailed me June 1 along with the other candidates (who are only post grads).

exactly what I was trying to say. most of us got the nomination, but some got also the confirm by the university of csc scholarship result.