Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

i was planning to go to NY and spend a few days there then go to China. Its cheaper to do that but idk if i can again caz there is no Chinese embassy or consulate in bze so we have to send out stuff to Jamaica and idk how long that will take. I'm scared to send it to Jamaica caz u have to send all original documents and a copy so everything u get in ur scholarship packet you have to send. But the things is if for some reason i dont get back the original documents or they get lost i wont b able to register at the university. :/

are u physically going there or just sending ur documents? i was thinking of going to MEX city but then i found the Jamaica is responsible for Belize and sometimes you cant go anywhere but the required location

Yeah, it shouldn't be problem if you have a US visa on hand. I'll call DC to make sure beforehand though. Technically idk if Jamaica is really responsible for Belize. I thought of MEX city also but then you get cheaper flights through Vancouver which means Canadian Visa. Too much work there.

Just a quick question: I got the EU Window scholarship to Qinhuangdao. Right after they had announced the list of scholarship recipients, we bought our plane tickets because the prices were very favorable. We are arriving to Beijing on 24th August, but the registration in Qinhuangdao starts in 27th August, which is good because we planned to spend some days in Beijing. Since we don't have accomodation, I looked on the net for cheap hostels, but then I realized that former scholarship recipients from my country mentioned that just like us they had arrived before registration, and they stayed at BLCU dorms and got their 1500 yuan settlement money there, although their university was in another city. Is it possible this year as well? It would be good if we can stay in BLCU for these three or four nights. It's true that hostels are not too expensive, I found some nice ones for 80-100 yuan per night, but if accomodation is covered in the scholarship, we can save this money.

Some schools will give you a little spending money on registration day, but I wouldn't count on it. You might be able to get into the dorm a couple days early free on scholarship, but this really depends on the school and current availability.

• New Members

1) What is your native country? US

2) Where did you apply? Embassy of the PRC in Chicago

3) When did you apply? April

4) When was the deadline? End of April

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language study (one year)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University 2. Sichuan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Chicago Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? My usual GP

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Don't recall

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted with full scholarship for Fall 2012

14) How were you notified? By Phone

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 30

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang Universityas a General Scholar in Chinese Language and Culture

Anyone else going to Zhejiang University?

1) What is your native country? Colombia

2) Where did you apply? A goverment third party (ICETEX) and they send it toThe Chinese Embassy in Bogota Colombia.

3) When did you apply? March 05.

4) When was the deadline? Supposedly April 02.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year chinese langauge and 2 years MBA

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Tsinghua University , Zhejiang University and Pekin university.

8)Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No.

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese embassy in colombia.

10) Where did you get your physical done? At local hospital.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? (my goveverment said i didnt have to).

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ??

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted with full scholarship for Fall 2012

14) How were you notified? By email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 27

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang Normal University one year chinesse language and 3 years MBA taught in chinese.

I am pretty confused and dissapointed, i didn't get the scholarship in any of the universitys i apply for, i apply for a MBA taught in english and this one is taught in chinese (i dont know any chinese and i I'm not sure if one year chinese language study is enough to be studying a MBA fully taught in chinese) and second i was looking for a 2 years master not a 3 years master, i think thats to long for a master and speding four years in china only studying could be to much.

And third Zhejiang normal university is not ranked any where, can any one tell please if they know something about this university and if it is a good one for an MBA.

thnks and congrats to all the winners,

I got in! I finally was notified that I am accepted for the full scholarship for 1 year at Tianjin University (undergrad language program). It was so last minute that they notified me, I was really worried! Good luck to everyone else!