Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

Congratulations to all those who have received scholarships. If you will be studying in Chinese with little or no knowledge of the language, I advise you to stay close to your books and far from the party life which is very prevalent here in the big cities of China. If there comes a time you wish to give up, remember that others are longing for the opportunity that you now have. I myself am still waiting on word from the embassy in my country to continue with my masters programme. It is a long anticipated wait. When September comes this waiting will be over. Can't wait. :)

• Like 2

@BoLoR

Caribbean island of Antigua. :) Not sure what's taking so long and why all the results aren't on one central web page on the CSC website. Thankfully, there is this forum which caters for this need and also encourages. Really good to see others on their way with a scholarship. I hope we too will get such wonderful news. :)

1) What is your native country? Pakistan

2) Where did you apply? Embassy of the PRC in Pakistan, via the Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination of Pakistan

3) When did you apply? 20th March 2012

4) When was the deadline? 23rd March 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? MS Communication and Information Systems

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Tsinghua University 3. Shanghai Jiao Tong University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 5861 (Embassy of the PRC in Pakistan)

10) Where did you get your physical done? A government Hospital in Lahore, some of the tests had to be done at a private laboratory

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary Public at the City Court (Kachehri)

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Didn't get any of those

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted with full scholarship for Fall 2012

14) How were you notified? I had to call the ministry myself, then had to go and pick up the paper work

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 1st August

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, MS in Communication and Information Systems

I got my documents today but they put 116 instead of 1168 in my address and now it can create problem in getting visa so to whom should i contact CSC, University or IPC (pakistan govt) ?? Its a mistake on Visa Application for Study in China which was sent to me by chinese govt

plz reply as soon as possible

1) What is your native country? The Bahamas

2) Where did you apply? Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration - Technical Assistance Division

3) When did you apply? Early February 2012

4) When was the deadline? 28th March, 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, last year but my application was late

6) What program did you apply for? Two year language program followed by a three year master's program in Finance

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Peking University 3. Sun-yat Sen University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy Bahamas

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local doctor in Nassau, Bahamas

11) How did you get your documents notarized? At the doctor's office where I did my physical

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted 3rd August, 2012 (not much time to prepare)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? HUAZHONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 2 Year English Taught Masters in Enterprise Management

My friends don't give up hope 2nd time was the charm and now I'm headed to China, while neither the school or major I wanted pursue. The journey is the adventure.

@ Ahsan: I had a similar issue (they named a wrong nationality), so I contacted the embassy's office where I picked up the documents via email, they forwarded the issue and about 2 weeks later I had the new/correct visa application document ... you might want to contact the university directly, though, as I think it is them who issue the visa form.

• Like 1

• New Members

hi i got an email in july about my successful appliction from wuhan university but i was waiting for the package to be sent at home. Did you guys got it at home or went to islamabad for collecting it as the man i talked to on phone said that you have to come and collect. he seemed a bit drousy so i didnt take him seriously. what should i do? i am from pakistan btw.